Jack Campbell

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
Same feeling here. He really raved about Doyle for the Hoks but you never know on these things. He talked more about Coach Campbell so maybe he likes our young staff. The transformation of Joel Lanning could have a big impact on him too. I'm not going to hold my breath with anticipation but I will hope for the best.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Another lifelong Hawkeye fan I'm pretty sure, right?

I was hopeful that maybe he wanted to go into Engineering or Ag or something?

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Another lifelong Hawkeye fan I'm pretty sure, right?

I was hopeful that maybe he wanted to go into Engineering or Ag or something?

I sort of know the family and they are great people. Jack is a really hard working kid. His dad was a lineman at UNI. I assume he has liked the Hawks but don't know for sure. Would have been a great get.

CMC likely won't stop recruiting him after today and you never know who Doyle will injure next so there's that

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
The comment of, "You don't know who Doyle will injur next..." is comical. Within the Hok Athletic Dept there is some animosity between Doyle and the Olympic Sports weight coach. The Olympis Sports coach said that the whole rhabdo thing was unnecessary and stupid.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The comment of, "You don't know who Doyle will injur next..." is comical. Within the Hok Athletic Dept there is some animosity between Doyle and the Olympic Sports weight coach. The Olympis Sports coach said that the whole rhabdo thing was unnecessary and stupid.

What does this mean?

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
If you would rather play for someone other than CMC or somewhere other than ISU than someday at least God will forgive u.

WoodCy

Feb 28, 2014
Atkins, IA
What does this mean?

I have a family member who is close to the situation. The Olympic Sports Weight Coach for the Hoks is no friend of Doyle. He has been pretty open in criticising Doyle in that "Rhabo Gate" was completely unnecessary and stupid. His opinion was that pushing people to the point of Rhabdo didn't make them better, it just laid a bunch of kids up in the hospital. People praise Doyle like he is the best in the business but those in the business don't have the same regard.

I was just laughing/commenting at somones off-hand post/comment that is pretty spot on.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I have a family member who is close to the situation. The Olympic Sports Weight Coach for the Hoks is no friend of Doyle. He has been pretty open in criticising Doyle in that "Rhabo Gate" was completely unnecessary and stupid. His opinion was that pushing people to the point of Rhabdo didn't make them better, it just laid a bunch of kids up in the hospital. People praise Doyle like he is the best in the business but those in the business don't have the same regard.

I was just laughing/commenting at somones off-hand post/comment that is pretty spot on.

I can still picture the local reaction if rhabdo had happened at ISU instead. We'd still be catching grief for it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The only people that praise Doyle are in Iowa City anymore. He used to be well regarded in the industry but it's pretty obvious he hasn't kept up with the times

• Agree
Reactions: Rural and Doc

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
The only people that praise Doyle are in Iowa City anymore.

Sounds like at least one person in Cedar Falls has some praise for Doyle.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...rget-college-announcement-march-31/456990002/

A factor that played heavily in where he's committing? The schools' weight-training programs, Campbell said.

"Who’s going to put the weight on me? Who’s going to develop me?" he said. "Because, obviously, right now I have a pretty big frame, but I just need that extra help to get the weight on me."

On Iowa's weight-training program, he said: "Obviously, (strength coach Chris) Doyle is at Iowa — he's one of the best in the nation. That just sits right there."

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017

Thank you for your explanation. It was shameful. And it’s shameful how the lapdog sports media in this state covers up all the illegal activities that Kirk has not only ignored, but committed himself

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

Pushing kids to the point of rhabdo was unnecessary? You don't say...

Say what you want about that football team, but Jack is right, Doyle is one of the best in the nation.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Pushing kids to the point of rhabdo was unnecessary? You don't say...

Say what you want about that football team, but Jack is right, Doyle is one of the best in the nation.

Doyle wears them down as the season goes on. That's why CMC and other quality programs improve throughout the season while Iowa is playing at it's worst at that time

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Rural and YeahBuddy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron