Jackson Paveletzke enters the portal

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Drake is about the same level he came from. UNI or Iowa would be good for him also. Him and Harding could bully the opposing teams together
Yeah, I think he could thrive in the Valley. I don't see him all of a sudden being a Power 6 level starter at this point though if that's the route he chooses.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
He's going to be a walking bucket at a lower level.
Mountain West schools would be a good place to look, it's a very competitive league right now. But he could stick at the P5 level with the right fit.

Reactions: baagoe

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Luv ya Pavs. Best of luck at your next team. If you ever face ISU while wearing a different uniform, please don't go off on us!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
He’d be the best guard in ia ******, but I wouldn’t wish that mess on anyone, especially someone as nice as Pav
I'd rather have him go to UNI or Drake 10x over than go to I.C. and that mess. Nice kid he was at our table for Niang charity trivia. He was very patient listening to us talk about ISU teams of past yrs. Hope he finds somewhere that makes him happy.

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
He's going to be a walking bucket at a lower level.
My immediate thought as well, but if he wants to player power 4 a lot less stacked teams and worse conferences could probably have much bigger role elsewhere

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Loved Pav! Best of luck to him!

Just didn’t have the size and athleticism for the Big 12.

Played with no fear and has a great shot.

Cyclones125

May 3, 2016
Tough to come off the bench every game knowing that's likely gonna be your only run. Seemed like every time he got a steal or loose ball. Would've loved to have him on previous teams when we weren't loaded at guard. Definitely has the capability to get 20+ min at a P5 school, and as a 40% 3 pt shooter I'd guess he'll have a bunch of offers.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If you look at some of the games he thrived in (WV, Tex, TCU), it kind of shows that he did better in more wide open, less physical, less defense-intense games. Whereas at UCF, he looked like a 5th grader thrown into a juggalo mosh pit.

He has great ball skills, I think he would be all-conference at any mid-major. And he can thrive at the right P6 school too - somewhere like Gonzaga or Iowa, that likes to play fast and open.

Seems like a great kid, easy to root for, I hope he has great success wherever he goes.

Reactions: moneyball