Jacy Holloway Pod

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
I mean Monte, and Haliburton didn't play that long ago lol.

Holloway averaged 3.5 points per game for his career and he started 98 games. That is a little different than Morris and Halliburton.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Remember how Floyd gave orders for him to not shoot so teams basically would leave him open.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Holloway averaged 3.5 points per game for his career and he started 98 games. That is a little different than Morris and Halliburton.
Morris started 121, avg 12.2 pts and 5.5 asst for his career, nearly one assist better/game. And I would say for bulk of Monte's career he was pass first until he took on more priority scoring Sr year.

Nothing against Jacy, but he was more pass only than pass first.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Morris started 121, avg 12.2 pts and 5.5 asst for his career, nearly one assist better/game. And I would say for bulk of Monte's career he was pass first until he took on more priority scoring Sr year.

Nothing against Jacy, but he was more pass only than pass first.
Yeah, "pass-first-PG" is a term that has changed with the times/different eras of basketball. Monte is very much thought of as a Pass First PG, but in todays NBA/basketball in general, your PG is expected to be able to put the ball in the basket when the opportunity presents itself to keep the defense honest.

Jacy, was very much looking to run the offense for the other offensive players, and a bucket or three fell into his lap a game

Reactions: qwerty

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Good podcast. That was about the time I really started to follow ISU basketball. Or starting knowing players names and such.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Is he still teaching school in Kansas?

From LinkedIn:
During college, my job was to play basketball @ Iowa State University. I did unload salt from rail cars in the winter a little bit. After college I framed houses and then worked for the Iowa Department of Transportation.
When I moved back to Kansas I started my coaching career at Garden City Community College. I also worked at University of Arkansas - Fort Smith.
I had short stints at selling cars and selling home improvements(siding, windows, etc.).
I started teaching at Garden City High School in 2005 and have been teaching (business, computers, programming, digital media) and coaching (football, basketball, track) to this day.

Reactions: Jdk and VeloClone

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
From LinkedIn:
During college, my job was to play basketball @ Iowa State University. I did unload salt from rail cars in the winter a little bit. After college I framed houses and then worked for the Iowa Department of Transportation.
When I moved back to Kansas I started my coaching career at Garden City Community College. I also worked at University of Arkansas - Fort Smith.
I had short stints at selling cars and selling home improvements(siding, windows, etc.).
I started teaching at Garden City High School in 2005 and have been teaching (business, computers, programming, digital media) and coaching (football, basketball, track) to this day.

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
It looks like Jacy is in Lakin, Kansas.