*** Jadda Buckley commits to Iowa State ***

IanSmith

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Fanatics,

The Iowa State women's basketball team picked up a huge commitment from class of 2013 point guard, Jadda Buckley.

Buckley - a Mason City native - picked the Cyclones over offers from Iowa and Kansas. She was also drawing interest from Ohio State, Wisconsin and many others.

Currently, Buckley is ranked the No. 27 best player overall by the All-Star Girls Report, and the seventh-best point guard in the class of 2013. ESPN ranks her as the No. 57 best player.

Here is a link to her ESPN profile.

Jadda Buckley 2013 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPNHS

Stay tuned to CycloneFantic.com for more details.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Very nice commit! This is what we need to get to the next level! Who else was she recruited by?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Fanatics,

The Iowa State women's basketball team picked up a huge commitment from class of 2013 point guard, Jadda Buckley.

Buckley - a Mason City native - picked the Cyclones over offers from Iowa and Kansas. She was also drawing interest from Ohio State, Wisconsin and many others.

Currently, Buckley is ranked the No. 27 best player overall by the All-Star Girls Report, and the seventh-best point guard in the class of 2013. ESPN ranks her as the No. 57 best player.

Here is a link to her ESPN profile.

Jadda Buckley 2013 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPNHS

Stay tuned to CycloneFantic.com for more details.

Not too disparage anybody on this year's team because I haven't seen them play yet, but it will be very exciting to have an elite PG on the WBB team again.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Not too disparage anybody on this year's team because I haven't seen them play yet, but it will be very exciting to have an elite PG on the WBB team again.

Among Moody, Blaskowsky, Buckley, Bingley, and Vanloo (if she comes here), PG should be set for quite a few years. I suspect Blaskowsky will end up being more of an Ezell-type combo guard. ISU has been successful in the past by stocking up on combo guards, and that seems to be the case here. We could see three "point guards" all on the court at the same time.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Among Moody, Blaskowsky, Buckley, Bingley, and Vanloo (if she comes here), PG should be set for quite a few years. I suspect Blaskowsky will end up being more of an Ezell-type combo guard. ISU has been successful in the past by stocking up on combo guards, and that seems to be the case here. We could see three "point guards" all on the court at the same time.

It will be nice to get back to that. Last year, the few WBB games I was able to catch, it just seemed off to not have that go to point in the backcourt.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Awesome news! Welcome to the family. And with BF at the helm, it is family. We have some great coaches at ISU, probably none better nor more passionate than Bill.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Buckley and Bingley are both 92 on ESPN's scale. Not a bad thing to have multiple players on the court who can handle the ball and shoot. Gotta be concerned we're getting a little heavy in player's starting in "B", though:)

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Is there any concern about height here? They are all about 5-7 to 5-9 at the most. I don't kno if this is the biggest concern in women's BB, or whether this will not be a problem.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Is there any concern about height here? They are all about 5-7 to 5-9 at the most. I don't kno if this is the biggest concern in women's BB, or whether this will not be a problem.

If they have a fast release, long range, and create their own shot, it shouldn't be a big factor. It sounds like these are guards who fit that description.

For comparison, heights of players that have significant starts at PG for ISU since 1997:

Frese 5'8"
Wilson 5'9"
O'Neil 5'11"
Medders 5'9"
Ezell 5'9"
Lacey 6'0"
Mansfield 5'7"
Cole 5'8"

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Awesome news! Welcome to the family. And with BF at the helm, it is family. We have some great coaches at ISU, probably none better nor more passionate than Bill.

Remember it is apparently inappropriate to sling around the "F" word when talking about Cyclone WBB.

:spinny:

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I saw her at a All IA Attack camp. This kid is unbelievably fast. This is a big get and it's good to be a Cyclone.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I like the recognition of her potential influence on other potential players. An early commit may help other premier players make the right decision.

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
Great news! Welcome to ISU, Jadda.

Lots of ESPN pieces on her, she seems like the prototype ISU PG from what I've read.

Noteworthy Players

Jadda Buckley (Mason City, Iowa), All Iowa Attack: This 5-9 guard is the definition of a true point guard. She has the ability to play at such a fast pace and still make good decisions while running the point. Her passing and ballhandling skills are excellent, and she also has the ability to knock down shots if she is left open.