Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
Proposed wrestling training facility still likely to move forward. But we all better hope CyTown works or it will be tough times for the Iowa State Center Complex.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He's definitely going to boast about how he was a visionary with moving the students further from the court and moving them to the corner of Jack Trice. Lol.

LMAO the new Hilton bleachers literally moved the students back a couple of feet.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
LMAO the new Hilton bleachers literally moved the students back a couple of feet.
He said 8 feet with a mini-fence, which MAYBE would give the visiting team a little more time to get to the handshake line. At least more time than Wake Forest.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
So he’s still sticking to his football student section move justification despite all the other Big12 schools have their student section behind the visiting bench still? Shouldn’t we be worried about our players then? So dumb
I think the moving of students has hurt the overall environment (just my opinion). Likewise, our students at Hilton seem a mile away from the court compared to other Top 10 venues. Think of how much better it could be with a few changes.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think the moving of students has hurt the overall environment (just my opinion). Likewise, our students at Hilton seem a mile away from the court compared to other Top 10 venues. Think of how much better it could be with a few changes.

Yep. You watch some other games where the students are practically right on top of the action and it makes you a bit jealous.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think over the past 30 years they've incrementally moved back, it hasn't all been at once.

1054caec-366c-44d9-88c9-b9344eae238c_text.gif

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
Hilton renovations would be dumb, I'm glad those are on pause. Way bigger fish to fry than remodeling what is already an AD crown jewel. Sock as much money away to pay those players is got to be the strategy.
Yeah the uncertainty of athletic funds moving forward you can tell is something Jamie is very much monitoring. Most major facility improvements will have to come from donors

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Hilton renovations would be dumb, I'm glad those are on pause. Way bigger fish to fry than remodeling what is already an AD crown jewel. Sock as much money away to pay those players is got to be the strategy.

Is it a crown jewel facility in itself or just cardinal-colored glasses?

The fans make it a great environment inside the arena, but things like the concourses, concessions, and premium areas are poor and the arena itself is very much in need of a facelift and improvements. There are parts of the arena externally that are honestly pretty dumpy looking. Does that mean it should be thrown away entirely? No. But after 50 years its due for a refresh to make it something to be proud of for the next 50

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

The fans make it a great environment inside the arena, but things like the concourses, concessions, and premium areas are poor and the arena itself is very much in need of a facelift and improvements. There are parts of the arena externally that are honestly pretty dumpy looking. Does that mean it should be thrown away entirely? No. But after 50 years its due for a refresh to make it something to be proud of for the next 50
I agree. Leave the inside the same. Put some money into the outside and Concourse area. Inside is perfect. Just go crazy and we are all good. The rest needs some work.

Reactions: swisher

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Not sure i follow his logic why Hilton can’t be renovated but other projects are being pursued
I'm guessing the AD has donations earmarked for certain projects and those projects get done for a fraction of what a Hilton renovation costs.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he's seeing that it isn't out of the question that in 10 years or less Hilton is strictly a MBB venue.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

I'm guessing if you ask a recruit about Hilton they would have GLOWING reviews. Hilton is known nationally as a basketball fans dream. I'm sure there are dumpy things about Hilton and if we had oil money we would fix. But it's still the crown jewel whether the pissers or concourse are up to date or not. Pay the players, forget the amenities.