Jamie pollard

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
200w.gif

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I seriously can not understand how people don't get that, postponing a game to the next day almost never happens in FBS, especially in today's game. I do not know if I have heard of it happening in an FBS game in any recent modern era game. There are just way too many variables and moving parts that all have to align for it to work, and it is almost impossible to get that to happen, then you have to consider the forecast showing a strong chance that the weather tomorrow may not be any better to allow a game to be played, as well. You also have to consider the teams and the coaches and the fact that these teams have another game to rest and prepare for in a week, that would mean losing time for those things moving on to the next week.
We are not talking about a high school game here, there is MUCH MUCH more that goes into it than just moving it later. All staff, officials, teams, coaches, on field staff, security, concessions, gate, television, radio, reporters, band, parking workers, you name it all have to not only be available and there, but also have to have accommodations and transportation for the night. Travel plans need to be changed. Its a logistical nightmare to even consider.
While we all would like to think, just play it tomorrow, in reality, it is almost an impossibility.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I still don't know why playing it in Bergstrom wasn't an option.

I get why redoing it on Sunday was impractical.

But I've seen high school games moved indoors. Why couldn't we?
Probably it has something to do with the fact that the Berg is not actually big enough to have a game, I dont believe it has proper clearances around the field and the height over the entire field to allow for a game to be played. Moving a game indoors in a stadium made for hosting games is different than moving it to a practice facility not meant for hosting games. Again, this is not High School.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I still don't know why playing it in Bergstrom wasn't an option.

I get why redoing it on Sunday was impractical.

But I've seen high school games moved indoors. Why couldn't we?
I'm sure both coaches would absolutely love the fact that they'd give away their chances at replays since it isn't camera ready.

I'm sure they'd also love not having coaches in the box to see what's going on from above.

I'm sure they'd also love the opponent being able to hear everything that's being said across the field in huddles and things.

But hey, other than that obvious stuff I'm sure absolutely nothing else is an issue either.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I'm sure both coaches would absolutely love the fact that they'd give away their chances at replays since it isn't camera ready.

I'm sure they'd also love not having coaches in the box to see what's going on from above.

I'm sure they'd also love the opponent being able to hear everything that's being said across the field in huddles and things.

But hey, other than that obvious stuff I'm sure absolutely nothing else is an issue either.
You’re putting the cart before the horse. But hay, other than that you were close.

Safety is a legitimate reason to not play another 25 minutes in order to get a W on the record, although if it’s that dangerous than we really shouldn’t be utilizing it for far more time than that via practice. Whether the NCAA or SDSU would allow it is another much more valid counter than something like suboptimal filming, but also something that should have been a stipulation in paying SDSU for a full game if they refuse.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Hey OP, see how you only got disagrees? It is because your rant makes no sense. Please tell us you are still drunk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron