Jay Williams comment about Morris

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't get the argument about A:TO. It's pretty easy to do simple math and put most of the major players of all time into that stat column. Morris has the greatest A:TO of all time, especially when you consider volume of stats.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
I just went to phognet for the first time ever. That's a very........special........place.....

It's very special place indeed. Never seen a fan base that has had so much regular season success that is so petty and insecure. The fact that they are so vocal about not careing about the tournament just indicates that they do care.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
It's very special place indeed. Never seen a fan base that has had so much regular season success that is so petty and insecure. The fact that they are so vocal about not careing about the tournament just indicates that they do care.
That's because there's never been a fan base that's been so ignorant, and not just about basketball. I'm guessing it's a symptom of Dorthy not ever leaving the hayfields of Kansas.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Maybe it's because A:TO is a really hard metric, on it's own, to qualify. Why is the "Morris v Tinsley" conversation even a discussion if A:TO ration is a huge factor? If it was, there would be no conversation, because Monte, statistically, blows JT out of the water.

It might be a hard metric to qualify on its own (I get it - a guy who rarely plays might have a ratio of 4 when in reality he has 4 assists and 1 turnover), but for a guy like Monte, it's really easy to qualify his 4.80 career ratio when you match it with his 751 career assists to 158 career turnovers. Those are just unfathomable numbers.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
What's stopping us from creating the first ever Monte Morris award for best true PG on ANY team. We could design the trophy and have an online vote to determine.

Let's name it the Barry Stevens award with Monte being the first recipient. With Barry being Johnny's first blue chip player it would be fitting for the first Stevens award to go another Michigan prep.