Jayden Nunn commits

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don't think it's even edgy, to be edgy they'd have to have some good takes. It's just a bad comedy show that can't decide if they want to be funny or if they want to be serious.

yeah it’s rarely funny to me, they try too hard to be funny...mostly garbage

Reactions: SolarGarlic

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Not sure why anyone would bash a recruit, there are so many good players out there that nobody ever sees, especially in basketball. Kid might be amazing for all we know.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Yeah, I get the frustration with Prohm but this doesn’t exactly paint ISU or the recruit in a good light. It makes us sound stuck up and too good for nunn , and it makes nunn sound like chopped liver.

You should check some of the Iowa recruiting threads on this site, their '20 class got ripped by everyone on here, Nunn may rise in the rankings but as of now, he's comparable to those recruits, he'd actually be on the lower end. We'd be making fun of him if Fran signed him and he's got a much better track record of molding low rated recruits into p6 players than Prohm.

I think the kid looks solid but the people in this thread saying this is the type of recruit Prohm needs must never have seen his teams play. He needs studs, not development guys. Nothing he's done here points to him being the type of coach that is going to bring lower rated recruits along, he hasn't figured out how to play to a kids strengths if they don't fit in to his system, so he just continually turns the roster over until he can find the right guys. Under Prohm it's been if you don't play as a frosh, you transfer. We haven't seen one single player sneak in to the rotation as an upperclassmen after riding the bench as a frosh at it's year 6.

Reactions: Messi

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You should check some of the Iowa recruiting threads on this site, their '20 class got ripped by everyone on here, Nunn may rise in the rankings but as of now, he's comparable to those recruits, he'd actually be on the lower end. We'd be making fun of him if Fran signed him and he's got a much better track record of molding low rated recruits into p6 players than Prohm.

I think the kid looks solid but the people in this thread saying this is the type of recruit Prohm needs must never have seen his teams play. He needs studs, not development guys. Nothing he's done here points to him being the type of coach that is going to bring lower rated recruits along, he hasn't figured out how to play to a kids strengths if they don't fit in to his system, so he just continually turns the roster over until he can find the right guys. Under Prohm it's been if you don't play as a frosh, you transfer. We haven't seen one single player sneak in to the rotation as an upperclassmen after riding the bench as a frosh at it's year 6.

Sucks that you have to rely on a recruiting service to validate your opinion. I suggest you not even bother watching the football team which consistently ranks in the bottom half or the conference.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sucks that you have to rely on a recruiting service to validate your opinion. I suggest you not even bother watching the football team which consistently ranks in the bottom half or the conference.

I'm going more off of our coaching staffs history, than anything about this kid, regardless, I think leaving it to guys who evaluate kids for a living and have seen much more of him than the highlight films we have is a safe choice. I hope he ends up being great but I wouldn't count on our staff to develop, the fb program has proven themselves to be great at player development, Prohm...not so much. CMC and co get the benefit of the doubt. Even comparing the two staffs is laughable.

• Agree
Reactions: Messi

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I highly doubt all 4 freshman are here next year..it is just nature of college basketball..wts..I really hope Jaden Walker sticks around bc I think his upside is highest besides XF..

You can never have too many guards.

This will be even more true the next couple of years due to Covid.

I don't think we've seen enough of Walker to really know yet, he played ok the other day but got taken advantage of the first couple of trips defensively, they back cut him for two easy buckets. He settled in but didn't really show any PG skills yet. I also doubt all the frosh will be here next year which is a bummer, there is something to like about all of them and they all do different things.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'm going more off of our coaching staffs history, than anything about this kid, regardless, I think leaving it to guys who evaluate kids for a living and have seen much more of him than the highlight films we have is a safe choice. I hope he ends up being great but I wouldn't count on our staff to develop, the fb program has proven themselves to be great at player development, Prohm...not so much. CMC and co get the benefit of the doubt. Even comparing the two staffs is laughable.
Prohm has a better percentage of getting guys to the NBA, given the fact they're 3x as many D1 basketball programs that's pretty good. Again keep your issues will Prohm out of a kid's commitment thread.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
This will be even more true the next couple of years due to Covid.

I don't think we've seen enough of Walker to really know yet, he played ok the other day but got taken advantage of the first couple of trips defensively, they back cut him for two easy buckets. He settled in but didn't really show any PG skills yet. I also doubt all the frosh will be here next year which is a bummer, there is something to like about all of them and they all do different things.

I don't think it's surprising a freshman very early in a season with minimal preseason would give up a backdoor. I think Walker has actually looked pretty good. Had a couple of assists, has a nice shot, has great length, got in the passing lane.

I don't expect anyone to leave until it happens. Would love to see the 4 freshmen and Hunter on the court together at times next year.

Reactions: heitclone

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

I get that but quite frankly think it’s in poor taste that they tweeted that.

Stereotype

Apr 23, 2017
If anyone is on the fence about this kid watch this interview. I want him riding with Prohm and Iowa State even more now. This kid is different.

We’ve had so many guys show up to campus thinking they’re the **** without putting in the work. The chip on your shoulder, earned not given mentality is what our basketball program needs. I’m glad prohm is starting to take character into account when recruiting.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Buy out a basketball coach that's brought home 2 conference tournament championships v. Give the greatest football coach we'll ever see a raise? Really don't see how a sane person would have to even ponder those options.

Are you really certain that it’s an either/or proposition?