Jayden Nunn Decommits

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
He was committed, not signed. Prohms offers don’t stand when he isn’t the coach. If he was 110% committed, well he should have signed on signing day. But he didn’t, because he was clearly holding out for another offer that didn’t come.
I agree that Prohm’s offers don’t stand once he’s gone, but Nunn didn’t commit until after the signing period so I’m not sure what you’re talking about with that

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
If TJ ends up doing to the MBB program what CMC did, I will be more than happy to be called an idiot. Wouldn't be the first time I was dead wrong and won't be the last.
Me too.

on the flip side, if TJ ends up failing, the TJ people will never extend the same courtesy. Stormin, Urbumdale2013, rochclone, and many others will forget TJ ever existed and immediately go back to their Hoiberg obsessions.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
He was committed, not signed. Prohms offers don’t stand when he isn’t the coach. If he was 110% committed, well he should have signed on signing day. But he didn’t, because he was clearly holding out for another offer that didn’t come.
We didn't even offer until the 2nd to last day of the early signing period (Nov 11-18, offered 17th)

Reactions: baagoe

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I don’t think the problem here is whether the new staff wanted him or not. It’s the optics that are the issue. A coach could look at this and say that TJ doesn’t care about his players and therefore said coach could steer players away from ISU. Not something you want to start with especially on the recruiting trail.

I know there’s a lot going on, but a quick text to all committed recruits letting them know you’ll call them soon once the staff has been nailed down to talk.

Exactly!! Sure TJ can recruit other players but other players in the Flint area probably follow each other. These types of optics
I'm not sure anyone agreed upon what actually happened (perhaps because they don't know). And yet you are pronouncing what did happen and how it was devoid of needed diplomacy. Clearly the player is not happy with the situation, which is some evidence that whatever happened could have been handled better. How is it that you are pronouncing judgment if you don't know what happened?

View attachment 83066

It's not like we don't have any facts. TJ said he was going to talk to current team members and Hunter. Period. We know he talked to Hunter but no indication he talked to or contacted Nunn. Nunn says he was not contacted. There is no response from anyone at ISU that he was contacted.

At a minimum, you don't say you're going to talk to everyone and not even mention a recruit who has verbally committed.

Bottom line is Nunn feels disrespected and is airing it publicly, and that isn't good for the program, especially in an area like Flint which has been rich recruiting ground. It also doesn't look good to other recruits around the country.

kcbob79clone

Exactly!! Sure TJ can recruit other players but other players in the Flint area probably follow each other. These types of optics

It's not like we don't have any facts. TJ said he was going to talk to current team members and Hunter. Period. We know he talked to Hunter but no indication he talked to or contacted Nunn. Nunn says he was not contacted. There is no response from anyone at ISU that he was contacted.

At a minimum, you don't say you're going to talk to everyone and not even mention a recruit who has verbally committed.

Bottom line is Nunn feels disrespected and is airing it publicly, and that isn't good for the program, especially in an area like Flint which has been rich recruiting ground. It also doesn't look good to other recruits around the country.

@Psiclone for the win!

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021

Yes, I see. You don't know what happened either.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

It would be a violation if TJ mentioned an unsigned comitt.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
TJ was asked by the Media if he was going to call Hunter. He said he was. It was reported that he had a zoom call with Hunter Friday. It was also reported that he planned to meet with the current players on Friday too. Finally, it was also reported that he had talked to Lipsey and re-offered. If Nunn read all this, I would expect that he felt he was not a priority and decided not to wait for a call.

May 7, 2020

We didn’t want him because he’s not good. Monte Morris will help with any Michigan recruits. I’m not worried about what some low level random recruit has to say about our program. Relax.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Flint players will listen to Monte about TJ. Pretty sure that carries more weight than a kid who used to live in Flint, had one power 6 offer. We will be fine in Flint.

Help Support Us

Become a patron