Jeff Cook of Alabama Passes

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

One of the 3 founding members of the legendary country music band Alabama has passed. He had been battling Parkinsons for awhile now. Glad I got to see Alabama a few years ago at the Iowa State fair right before his health started to decline. He hasn't really been touring with them lately but maybe would make an appearance on stage once in awhile. Probably my favorite Alabama song because he'd get the fiddle out and play a little before his solo at the end. This is a good version of that they did with Jason Aldean

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
When I was younger my dad was friends with this whole band. We used to have to go to their concerts every time they passed through Des Moines and we would always be backstage. I was to young to realize who they really were. I just thought they were some popular DSM band and maybe the midwest. Finally got old enough to where I could stop going because I don't like country music. That is around the same time I started to realize they were kind of a big deal and I actually was hanging with Famous people. They were always super nice and addressed us by our names. Kind of weird looking back.