Jeff Hornacek - Coach of the Year?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Hopefully I don't get flamed for posting something from BR, but found this article on one of the favorite Suns :)wink:) of Iowa State. Really rooting for Hornacek to win the award (he deserves it) and succeed long term in the NBA. He is really showing his chops with this team. I thought he would be a great NBA coach, but didn't think he would win this fast, especially with a rebuilding team that most pundits thought was a guaranteed lottery pick team and has no real superstar. Although Goran Dragic has been playing like one lately.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rnacek-be-favorite-for-2014-coach-of-the-year

Jeff Hornacek took over a Phoenix Suns team that finished 25-57 a season ago—fourth-worst in the NBA—and now has the revamped roster fighting for a playoffs berth against all odds.

PHX is 44-29 (19 more wins than last year with 9 games still left in regular season.) Crazy thing about the NBA is how top heavy the East is with Miami and Indiana. If season ended today the Suns would be the 7 seed in the West, but their record is good enough to be the 3 seed in the East.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Nothing wrong with Hornacek as a selection; he's done great in a loaded West. His only real competition is Thibs in Chicago. Lost his best player (again) and had his front office wave the white flag on the season two months ago. All he's done is guided his team to a likely four seed in the playoffs, and I guarantee you Indy and Miami want nothing to do with the Bulls in the second round.

Last edited:

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I propose if/when Hoiberg wants to try out the NBA for a few years, he switches jobs with Hornacek. Jeff can coach ISU during Hoiberg's absence. Each guy gets to give it a go in both college and NBA, and ISU doesn't miss a beat. Once they have their fill, Hoiberg can come back home and Hornacek can reclaim his NBA job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron