Jeremiah Cooper NIL representation

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Is Cooper an NFL player? He’s really small.

If not…. he needs to make his money now.
Have you seen Emmanuel Forbes? Not the exact same type of player but he can certainly make a roster

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I can tell you that Iowa is paying certain DB's close to 600K a year. I know we can't pay that but we better get as close to 200-300K if not more for Cooper as we can.
He gone if that's the case. No way we can afford that.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
End of the day those that want to be Cyclones are going to be Cyclones. Pollard has said before ISU is not the place for those only looking to make a buck. We want to have guys that are all in ISU and hopefully can take care of them on top of it.
He kind of has to say that due to our nil limitations. What else is there?

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Just have them sit out a year if they transfer, that alone would reduce it. Who is gonna pay a player to sit?
Texas - Arch manning
Different situation, but the answer to your question remains the same

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
End of the day those that want to be Cyclones are going to be Cyclones. Pollard has said before ISU is not the place for those only looking to make a buck. We want to have guys that are all in ISU and hopefully can take care of them on top of it.
I don't think that's going to work once this has been standard procedure a couple years.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I can tell you that Iowa is paying certain DB's close to 600K a year. I know we can't pay that but we better get as close to 200-300K if not more for Cooper as we can.
Really? I find that hard to believe I know they have a much larger NIL but paying your DBs that much plus the absurd amount they supposedly paid for their QB doesn't leave a lot for the rest of the football team, basketball team etc.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

I sit here just conflicted by all of this. The players deserve a cut of all this cash sloshing around. In some form.

But I have a low comfort level with the way it's being done.

Really it's because I see ISU falling behind in a new race to make players professional athletes. The school invests in football and NIL adds another layer that can pull players out of Ames.

New day. Good for the players. Unsure about ISU in this ecosystem, but that's nothing new.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I sit here just conflicted by all of this. The players deserve a cut of all this cash sloshing around. In some form.

Really it's because I see ISU falling behind in a new race to make players professional athletes. The school invests in football and NIL adds another layer that can pull players out of Ames.

New day. Good for the players. Unsure about ISU in this ecosystem, but that's nothing new.

These agencies can actually go out and get them good endorsement deals with national brands

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021

Agreed. Great for the players. Good for them. But the smaller schools are 100% going to get left behind and that's just the way it is.

I don't have any information on who is, who isn't leaving and what if anything this means.

But unless we have someone whose an alum who has a lot of money, the reality is, we are going to lose people. Every year, probably. Its just the sad reality of the present situation

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
These agencies can actually go out and get them good endorsement deals with national brands
So would the national brands persuade an athlete to go to College A instead of College B? Obviously that would and will happen but I see that happening rarely. Maybe I'm naive.

I see this more as Cooper and Noel may not have comfort in pushing the envelope on how much they can ask for a Pizza Hut commercial, so Rosenhaus is doing the envelope pushing for them. Or at least that is what I'm hoping for. Not Nike or Addias saying yes...but.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cychhosis