Jeremiah Williams out for the year

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
11 scholarship players now? If 2 guys need to **** out a practice we can't go 5 on 5?

We REALLY need a couple guys to have career years from 3 as it sounds like Otz wants to play Osun and Ward together... Giving me flashbacks of Jones and Condit both in the high post trying to do dribble handoffs...

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
11 scholarship players now? If 2 guys need to **** out a practice we can't go 5 on 5?

We REALLY need a couple guys to have career years from 3 as it sounds like Otz wants to play Osun and Ward together... Giving me flashbacks of Jones and Condit both in the high post trying to do dribble handoffs...
That's what walkons are for.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
We were already projected 10/10 in the Big 12 WITH Williams...

View attachment 104106

Really sucks in a year that Des Moines is hosting the NCAA Tournament

Meh. We were picked to finish 10th last season as well and ended up in the Sweet 16.

I'm not discounting the loss of Williams. But I do have faith in this coaching staff and program to keep us competitive.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Worse. Who's going to score? At least last year we had Brockington and Hunter.

Would have been nice to have Green, but he'd rather play in Oshkosh in front of 10s of family members and people who got free corporate tickets.
Nah, AJ made the right choice. He’s likely going to make a roster spot on the bucks this year. Bucks are very thin at SG and he is a great fit.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Foster getting the boot was actually good though. Dude would have killed team chemistry with his poor attitude and work ethic
1 year from the date we found out about Xavier Foster? Fuc* this week and its efforts to kill our basketball program

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Nah, AJ made the right choice. He’s likely going to make a roster spot on the bucks this year. Bucks are very thin at SG and he is a great fit.
Agreed. He truly fell into a perfect scenario. I'm guessing the Bucks told him before the draft that they'd pick him on a two way up if he didn't get drafted, otherwise I think he's in Ames right now.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Agreed. He truly fell into a perfect scenario. I'm guessing the Bucks told him before the draft that they'd pick him on a two way up if he didn't get drafted, otherwise I think he's in Ames right now.
They did. And they probably sold him on a high chance of making the roster. He was great during summer league and fits perfectly into the bucks needs.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

ISUguy

Prime Сasual Dating - Authentic Ladies
Jun 27, 2006
Better rebounding, more put backs, better fast breaks. Those are the keys to our offense.
And more inside out. Like the idea of pushing the ball inside and it will be interesting to see how we shoot on the inside outs. Statistically, that is typically the best percentage three vs. perimeter passing threes.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Yeah, huge blow but honestly I feel terrible for the kid. Awful injury and rough recovery.
Yeah. If its a full tear he might even miss a bit of stuff next year too.

Think he also had an injury that ended or nearly ended his year last season too. Poor guy

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Didn't cw mention last spring that we may see Holmes at the point? This probably guarantees a by committee approach.

Reactions: ICCYFAN

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
If we finish below
We were already projected 10/10 in the Big 12 WITH Williams...

View attachment 104106

Really sucks in a year that Des Moines is hosting the NCAA Tournament
If we finish behind Kansas State ill cut my own **** off. Their best player hasnt played in 2 years and has a large amount of insurance money coming if he plays less than 10 games. Also had a rape case to deal with all offseason

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
Get ready for more 50-45 games. Who’s gonna score, on a side not I feel like we haven’t had a guy get severely hurt in a few years

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If we finish below

If we finish behind Kansas State ill cut my own **** off. Their best player hasnt played in 2 years and has a large amount of insurance money coming if he plays less than 10 games. Also had a rape case to deal with all offseason
Yeah, we're not finishing last. If TJ gets this team to play with the heart and effort that last year's team did, they'll finish above a couple teams on that alone.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
That sucks for him. From a team perspective this makes me nervous about handling the tough Big12 defenses. Need lots of players with solid handles. Hopefully Lipsey and King can step up and hopefully Grill has improved his handling enough so he's at least a threat and not scared to dribble.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Feel horrible for Williams. That's gotta be really tough for him.

I know this team is all about toughness, so I worry a little that practices must be pretty physical. I hope our coaches can keep the rest of the players healthy heading into the season. Can't afford any more attrition.