Jim Harbaugh likely suspended first 4 games of the season

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
That's my whole point. There's 90 guys who committed to Michigan and were announced as part of their respective recruiting classes or transfer classes. All I know is 90>85 so somehow, somewhere there are at least a few guys who aren't counting against the scholarship limit somehow and given that Michigan was looking at like a 2023 scholarship count of 106 last December while still recruiting transfers, I bet there was a plan. They don't have to make any of that stuff public so no one really knows what's going on but it can't be true that everyone is counting against their scholarship count that was a NLI-signed recruit or a transfer unless they just agreed to pay their own way which I'm a little hesitant to believe.
I guess I’m still struggling to figure out what you’re getting at and where are you getting these numbers? Like can you provide a link to 90 guys on scholarship or 106? Because obv that’s wrong so I’m trying to figure out where the disconnect is. Only the walk ins are paying their own way because well they are walk ons.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Ok, so give us some examples from their roster. How many of them are cracking the 2 deeps?

I don't know who they are and no one outside the program knows who they are. That's irrelevant to the point. If you doubt my numbers, that's fine, but go ahead and go through their roster, cross reference that with their recruiting classes, go take a look at the transfers they take and you figure out if it's reasonable to think that there's likely more than 85 guys getting their education paid for. Just because there's no google result for "Michigan 4* PWO) doesn't mean they're not working around the scholarship limit. Hell, the damn list you linked had a guy getting $6K in NIL and he had nowhere near the bona-fides of most of their other guys.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I guess I’m still struggling to figure out what you’re getting at and where are you getting these numbers? Like can you provide a link to 90 guys on scholarship or 106? Because obv that’s wrong so I’m trying to figure out where the disconnect is. Only the walk ins are paying their own way because well they are walk ons.
No, I'm not going to go link 92 guys recruiting profiles and the proof they signed as a normal recruit at Michigan while also denoting for each one there's a lack of a PWO announcement. I made a point, you guys said I was wrong, so you provide that proof. I know the guys where there's no reason to think they aren't on scholarship and there's more than 85 of them.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
No, I'm not going to go link 92 guys recruiting profiles and the proof they signed as a normal recruit at Michigan while also denoting for each one there's a lack of a PWO announcement. I made a point, you guys said I was wrong, so you provide that proof. I know the guys where there's no reason to think they aren't on scholarship and there's more than 85 of them.
Ok so you came on with an outlandish claim, have nothing to back it up or have provided a single link and we have to be the ones to tell you why your outlandish idea is wrong? Yeah I’ll just say your wrong or misunderstanding something and move on.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
You're making the claim that a school like Michigan is stashing a "kid who maybe is going to Boise State or even ISU" off of scholarship. And I simply ask for an example of that claim. I brought you evidence of some of their announced walk-ons, and the scholarship offers they turned down to attend Michigan, and you say "No, not those..."

You're making a pretty significant claim, but when it comes to evidence, all you've got is "90 > 85". Sure seems like you're speculating on something that you think could happen, rather than something that actually is happening.

• Winner
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Ok so you came on with an outlandish claim, have nothing to back it up or have provided a single link and we have to be the ones to tell you why your outlandish idea is wrong? Yeah I’ll just say your wrong or misunderstanding something and move on.
Ok. Just so we’re clear, you either won’t go look at their roster and recruiting classes/transfer announcements like I have and count them up because you don’t think my numbers are right or you think some guys are paying their own way as unannounced walk ons or walk on transfers. Seems reasonable. I’m probably counting wrong.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You're making the claim that a school like Michigan is stashing a "kid who maybe is going to Boise State or even ISU" off of scholarship. And I simply ask for an example of that claim. I brought you evidence of some of their announced walk-ons, and the scholarship offers they turned down to attend Michigan, and you say "No, not those..."

You're making a pretty significant claim, but when it comes to evidence, all you've got is "90 > 85". Sure seems like you're speculating on something that you think could happen, rather than something that actually is happening.
I’m not speculating on anything. I know which guys were signed with offers and I find it highly unlikely someone like Drake Nugent or Josiah Stewart are paying their own way. Like I said, there isn’t going to be an announcement from UM to cite here. I would bet if you went and ran the other numbers you’d find something pretty similar.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I’m not speculating on anything. I know which guys were signed with offers and I find it highly unlikely someone like Drake Nugent or Josiah Stewart are paying their own way. Like I said, there isn’t going to be an announcement from UM to cite here. I would bet if you went and ran the other numbers you’d find something pretty similar.
You get drake nugent is a grad transfer right? That makes him eligible for other forms of funding outside of a scholarship. Same for other grad students…probably where you’re difference is coming from.

Reactions: Mr Janny

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What a joke. Of course he won't miss a game... never figured he would. He coaches at Michigan, not ISU.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014

How noble of Michigan to suspend Jim Harbaugh, for their three snoozer cupcake nonconference games. What an institution, they’re clearly showing they care more about doing the right thing than winning football. :jimlad::p:rolleyes:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How noble of Michigan to suspend Jim Harbaugh, for their three snoozer cupcake nonconference games. What an institution, they’re clearly showing they care more about doing the right thing than winning football. :jimlad::p:rolleyes:
Yeah it is brilliant. He sits out the cupcakes this year and then when they look at it and give him 4 games (including time served) he can serve the other one against a cupcake next year.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Leaders me best obv. This whole thing is ridiculous no one even knows what this is actually referencing. Is it the cheeseburger thing or something actually semi serious