Jirehl Brock - Will He Choose the Good guys?

MikeinWDM

Feb 12, 2018
He certainly would be a good catch, especially if we can lure him away from TOE. Just think of the anguish and gnashing of teeth that will come from Freerentz and company.

• Useful
Reactions: CloneinWDSM

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He certainly would be a good catch, especially if we can lure him away from TOE. Just think of the anguish and gnashing of teeth that will come from Freerentz and company.

I hope he knows that ISU offers more kids than most every other school......

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

CyFanInChiLand

Jul 14, 2009
New Orleans
I wouldn' count on it, but recruiting is a strange game. Seems he isn' looking to make a decision soon which bodes well for us. From everything I've heard/read, Iowa is in the lead right now.

colin_jokeo

Jul 11, 2017
Iowa City, IA
Reviving an old thread because I haven't heard much talk about Brock lately. There's an Iowa podcast, with Tom Kakert and Matt Randazzo, who said Campbell has grown a legit family connection and it'll be tough to top ISU for Brock.

I think everyone assumed he'd end up at Iowa...but it appears to be a close race

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Reviving an old thread because I haven't heard much talk about Brock lately. There's an Iowa podcast, with Tom Kakert and Matt Randazzo, who said Campbell has grown a legit family connection and it'll be tough to top ISU for Brock.

I think everyone assumed he'd end up at Iowa...but it appears to be a close race

Could you link the podcast?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Funniest part about that segment of their podcast was how quickly they try to dismiss us as a good option for the kid. If he wants to be a feature back in an offense committed to running the ball he will pick Iowa blah, blah, blah.

I think Campbell has proven his willingness to commit to the run game and that's only going to get more prevalent as our offense line improves. Just funny how people STILL hold the perception that shotgun/spread offenses cant run the ball even though its been proven wrong over and over.

Great update on Jirehl though. He would be big time addition and in line from some major playing time early in his career after Montgomery is gone.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Funniest part about that segment of their podcast was how quickly they try to dismiss us as a good option for the kid. If he wants to be a feature back in an offense committed to running the ball he will pick Iowa blah, blah, blah.

I think Campbell has proven his willingness to commit to the run game and that's only going to get more prevalent as our offense line improves. Just funny how people STILL hold the perception that shotgun/spread offenses cant run the ball even though its been proven wrong over and over.

Great update on Jirehl though. He would be big time addition and in line from some major playing time early in his career after Montgomery is gone.
Does that surprise you?

• Winner
Reactions: CubsClones1

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Be hard to get him to commit when we have 5 serviceable backs ready to go right now. Would love to land the kid, but we have the better backs when compared to Iowa. If he is looking for playing time TOE is the right team to choose.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I read the thread title way to fast while scrolling and went back up to find out why we were talking about Jiri Hubalek. Look at that hair now!

timthumb.php

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron