Jiri has great first day at Portsmouth

bferin

Jul 14, 2006
With Jiri's quickness he could do very well in the more open NBA. He seemed to be frustrated when things got congested and teams packed it in. They can't do that in the 1 on 1 NBA game...

I guess if I were describing Jiri's game, "quickness" is not a word that would come to mind.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Jiri will have a ton of chances overseas because he won't count against a team's allotment of US players.

kcclones

Mar 23, 2006
Kansas City
Not to sound negative because I wish Jiri the best but rarely do the guys that come out of no where at Portsmouth really move up much in the draft. There is usually a lot of borderline NBA players at that camp so the talent is a little watered down.

This site usually is pretty decent for possible draft stock: NBADraft.net | Home I would bet he likely ends up going overseas if he doesn't make a NBA roster out of camp.

Jackson had a great predraft at portsmouth and followed it up with good camps afterward but was able to play himself into a nice draft pick.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
On great teams the scoring is usually a bit more spread out, for example Kansas.

Good luck to Jiri though, I hope he can continue to impress. I loved his game.

Not always the case, see North Carolina, UCLA, Memphis and Tennessee. yes they have different options to score but usually the offense runs through 1 or 2 players who are relied to score in bunches. kansas of coarse is the exception.