JoePa Fired/What is happening at Penn State?!?!

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
The sad thing is that several people witnessed instances of abuse but it doesn't sound like any of them stepped in to stop it. They just reported what they'd seen.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Why does everyone assume they are guilty? I know the government lies pretty much about everything. I know they falsely arrest people. I know they plant evidence. I know the convict innocent people. I know they lie under oath. I know they force innocent people to plead guilty. I also know they can do this again and again and again and again and nothing will happen to them. As soon as they start arrested judges and prosecutors and putting them in jail for sending innocent people there, then perhaps we might see something change.

When I see something like this, I immediately assume they are lying. If you did too you'd be right more times than wrong.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Why does everyone assume they are guilty? I know the government lies pretty much about everything. I know they falsely arrest people. I know they plant evidence. I know the convict innocent people. I know they lie under oath. I know they force innocent people to plead guilty. I also know they can do this again and again and again and again and nothing will happen to them. As soon as they start arrested judges and prosecutors and putting them in jail for sending innocent people there, then perhaps we might see something change.

When I see something like this, I immediately assume they are lying. If you did too you'd be right more times than wrong.

Ummm, no.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Yeah, a 28 year old GA turned the guy in for no reason. Why the hell would he do that? I'm all for cynical but this is ridiculous. Have you read the stuff posted above? My guess is probably not. It wasn't just one person one time. People generally don't lie in these numbers about these things.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
To Paterno's credit he did report it to his supervisor (the AD) the day after he found out and it was covered up by the AD and VP for Fin.&Bus.

It should have been reported to authorities.

My wife is a teacher and if she didn't call the cops she would be fired right away.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
This should lead to a full out cleaning out of the PSU football program.

It "should' but I doubt it will.

cyson

Jun 24, 2007
Just embarrassing for the program. It is a shame they let these people even near children.

Screw the fricking program. They coddled a pervert and a child molester who preyed on the underprivileged.

Reactions: Angie

DoOrDie

Nov 3, 2010
Reading that was incredibly disturbing. I hope all the boys he molested are doing okay.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Correct and the graduate student that told Joe Paterno was led to believe that happened by the AD.

I meant to edit this post rather than delete.

The people above Paterno have some major questions to answer. Obviously, Paterno probably does too since he is in charge of the football program and that's where the assaults occurred.