Jon Miller fact-checking

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
Just watched Thurs night's channel 13 news and they had Jon Miller talking about Saturday's Iowa-Mich. game. He stated that Iowa has the 66th ranked strength of schedule. Where is he getting that number? Sagarin puts their schedule at #105.

Sagarin college football rankings by conference

Has he just arbitrarily upgraded their schedule from one of the easiest in division 1 to an average strength?

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
105 I'm guessing is season to date and 66 is entire season.

Why are you watching yesterdays news?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Just watched Thurs night's channel 13 news and they had Jon Miller talking about Saturday's Iowa-Mich. game. He stated that Iowa has the 66th ranked strength of schedule. Where is he getting that number? Sagarin puts their schedule at #105.

Has he just arbitrarily upgraded their schedule from one of the easiest in division 1 to an average strength?
Deep from his ***.
There's no way Iowa's schedule is that high on anybody's rankings.

Cyrok

Oct 14, 2009
DSM
105 I'm guessing is season to date and 66 is entire season.

Why are you watching yesterdays news?

They teased a story I wanted to see about Iowans writing smart phone apps. Anywho, where are these schedule stats for the season? I imagine ISU's schedule is in the top 5?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
They teased a story I wanted to see about Iowans writing smart phone apps. Anywho, where are these schedule stats for the season? I imagine ISU's schedule is in the top 5?

I doubt ISU's is that high. Iowa and UCONN have drug us down.

Cygarin

Nov 25, 2010

Sagarin does not provide projected season ending SOS, but some others do.

66th reflects what most of those project for a season ending SOS. Remember, there are only 65 BCS teams, so 66th is quite embarassing.

I can't find anybody that has Iowa's current SOS as high as 66th.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Why bother with facts, when you can make **** up? Its much better that way.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Miller is a fake. I understand he trys to come on here and talk like a nice guy, but he hates our guts. He hates the Cyclones and everything to do with them. It is what it is.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Miller is a fake. I understand he trys to come on here and talk like a nice guy, but he hates our guts. He hates the Cyclones and everything to do with them. It is what it is.

I agree. Miller is a fraud. Seems he can't pee without Steve Deace to prop him up.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Currently ISU's SoS is #7 in the nation with Kansas (92), OSU (3), OU (4), and KSU (18) yet to play. We will easily have a top 5 schedule when the season is done even with Kansas bringing us down.

Here's the link again.

Holy flipping gosh darn crap, that is black and white proof for the hawkhomers that the big 12 is a tougher conference. Big 12 has 3 teams with SOS outside the top 10. Big 10 has none in the top 10. I already can't believe I still have to have that argument over here, but I may have to print this and carry it with me.

Clones21....comment about Miller "coming on here"...what's his ID? (not questioning you, I just didn't know he's on here)

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
00clone said:
Clones21....comment about Miller "coming on here"...what's his ID? (not questioning you, I just didn't know he's on here)

It's JonDMiller, and his avatar is a cartoon black spider with a smiley face.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
00clone said:
Well...ahem...he should have something more like his name, so people wouldn't have to ask what his ID is.

Yeah, people that use their own name for usernames are just egotistical idiots. True Story.

Last edited:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Jon Miller is a straight up ****** bag.

He is a dbag because he was wrong about something? Jon is a homer, we are all homers here, but he seems like a good guy that tries to get it right. Take off the rose colored glasses and look at things objectively once and a while.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Speaking of Hawks that need their facts checked. Kenyon Murray was on AM 1600 in CR yesterday bragging up Iowa BB. He said "I remember when players who recieved scholly offers from ISU would walk-on at Iowa instead." I'd like an example of that.