Jon Miller has a new write up on realignment...surprising and worth the read.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I read that as "we're not going to raid the big 12 for its immediate demise. Let's let the situation play out and control what we think college football should look like versus letting the SEC drive the train".
And if things aren't going well in the future, the Alliance conferences may offer a lifeline to those schools they believe they can make fit, which would likely be along the lines people have been talking about.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
With billions at stake, I'm going to put my money on "there's some kind of plan"

Yeah, I mean “the plan” is for the Alliance to not do anything else, and the Big 12 is going to expand. Basically, what most disinterested observers expect. Obviously there are “plans,” but perhaps not super secret ones that align with our wildest dreams.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
If we were to land in a good P4 spot, but with reduced share for a few years; could we still hold the difference in damages against OUUT?

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
They are also going to look at the school's near ISU that have attendance issues. MN, NW, and IL will all get an attendance bump from ISU joining the league. It sounds like kNu may need help soon too. In Minnesota alone, attendance will go up by several thousand for any game with ISU.
The MN AD visited ISU on game weekend in 2019. Coyle wanted to see firsthand how we were bucking the national trend of reduced attendance. This has been a concern for schools preCOVID.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If we were to land in a good P4 spot, but with reduced share for a few years; could we still hold the difference in damages against OUUT?

I'm going to guess that their subterfuge (breaking conference rules) will give us a threat that we can throw on the scale for exit negotiations. Pretty sure it would have to go to court to allow for specific, forward looking damages, and that seems like a long shot.

RClone

Dec 8, 2019
I am getting sick ..specifically...of hearing Purple Hawk Condon promoting the constant theme that Iowa State/Big XII just need to grab some other teams and live with reduced income. That fruitcake can't hide the glee in seeing ISU relegated to second tier status. He is an Absolute hawkeye shill...who just can't bring himself to think ISU/Kansas belong in the same league as his beloved hawks. Truly sickening. Jon Miller is great..Condon a punk loud mouth hack.