Jon Miller has a new write up on realignment...surprising and worth the read.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I am getting sick ..specifically...of hearing Purple Hawk Condon promoting the constant theme that Iowa State/Big XII just need to grab some other teams and live with reduced income. That fruitcake can't hide the glee in seeing ISU relegated to second tier status. He is an Absolute hawkeye shill...who just can't bring himself to think ISU/Kansas belong in the same league as his beloved hawks. Truly sickening. Jon Miller is great..Condon a punk loud mouth hack.
cinemagraph.gif

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
If we were to land in a good P4 spot, but with reduced share for a few years; could we still hold the difference in damages against OUUT?

Believe that would be the plan. And some have said we would have to pay our payout of $40-50 Million to the BIGif we join. And then have said we are to get reduced shares as well on top of that.

I had always thought that the only exchange was your reduced shares for X Years that the School joining received. Never heard that a large upfront payment was required as well. As well as reduced payments for years.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I am getting sick ..specifically...of hearing Purple Hawk Condon promoting the constant theme that Iowa State/Big XII just need to grab some other teams and live with reduced income. That fruitcake can't hide the glee in seeing ISU relegated to second tier status. He is an Absolute hawkeye shill...who just can't bring himself to think ISU/Kansas belong in the same league as his beloved hawks. Truly sickening. Jon Miller is great..Condon a punk loud mouth hack.

He has been down right giddy about Iowa State falling to AAC levels all while refusing to even acknowledge Plans A or B. It's the only show on KXNO that has had this spring and gee I wonder why. Like I said earlier, I've quit listening to that show which sucks because Miller has a really good lineup of guests for football season.

RClone

Dec 8, 2019
He has been down right giddy about Iowa State falling to AAC levels all while refusing to even acknowledge Plans A or B. It's the only show on KXNO that has had this spring and gee I wonder why. Like I said earlier, I've quit listening to that show which sucks because Miller has a really good lineup of guests for football season.
exactly...Miller does have good interviews ..but Conlon and Andy Fales can't hide their contempt and jealousy. On the Morning Rush ...another Hawk shill boldly proclaimed ..Iowa State is not a top ren program ..JUST a top ten team..while Iowa is a top twenty program ..seems to be a lot of jealousy from these Hawksters shooting their mouths off all the time.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
He says as long as ISU has a bid to the playoff, it is fine. I could see the 4 new major conferences say that the playoff is 12 teams and each conference gets 3 bids and no one else gets an invite, therefore ISU's chance at a playoff goes away.

RClone

Dec 8, 2019
Just a hwksters dream on pushing ISU into the second tier ..don't bite this Conlon's goofy idea that ...this will be great for ISU.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
He says as long as ISU has a bid to the playoff, it is fine. I could see the 4 new major conferences say that the playoff is 12 teams and each conference gets 3 bids and no one else gets an invite, therefore ISU's chance at a playoff goes away.

So even if the Big 12 holds on to a bid we would be the equivalent of a one bid mid major basketball league. In the long run that won't be feasible. No one discusses how poorly we would get seeded either. That matters as far as advancing goes. The deck would always be stacked against the Big 12 in his scenario.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron