Jones/Goodell take their NFL Network woes to TX legislature

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
This should never be brought to the lawmakers attention. They just need to get this settled. I really like the nfl but I dont think they should be forcing th cable companies to settle. They just need to get this settled

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
What a bunch of BS. Can't wait for the Big 10 network to follow suit.

"This is about fans and consumers having access to the programming they want,'' Goodell said at a meeting of the House Regulated Industries Committee.

You could always put the game back on NBC, CBS or FOX, Roger....

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I heard a Dish network commercial this morning featuring Jerry Jones, telling listeners that Time Warner Cable doesn't carry the NFL Network so if all the Cowboys fans wanted to watch the game they needed to hurry up and get Dish network. It seemed pretty low-brow to me. I don't really have much respect that guy.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
doesnt the nfl make enough money as it is. Do they really need to be fueding with the cable companies. Put the games on where everybody can watch them

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
It's funny that the NFL won't let it go to an independent arbitrator like the cable companies want. Kind of tells you that they know they are being absurd. IF and thats a big IF they NFL network does go to cable they need to do the right thing and give all the proceeds to the NFL retired players pension...

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
``This is about fans and consumers having access to the programming they want,'' Goodell said at a meeting of the House Regulated Industries Committee.
--------------
If getting the games to the fans is the #1 priority then put the crap on the sports tier where it belongs. This type of crap doesn't belong on any basic package. Matter of fact if you look at Direct TV's First basic package, it hardly has any channels on it at all. This is coming from a person who is going to switch to Direct once I get a real TV.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
My post was sarcastic.

I'm not a big fan of Jerry for many reasons. I will say I've warmed up to the guy a bit in the last few years, but he's still not atop my favorite people list.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Ok, wait, this is a joke right? If customers want the NFL network, they can easily get it by switching to dish/DTV. It is not the business of the government to tell us what we can or can't watch on tv.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Ok, wait, this is a joke right? If customers want the NFL network, they can easily get it by switching to dish/DTV. It is not the business of the government to tell us what we can or can't watch on tv.

Not everyone can just switch to dish/dtv. It's not an option for some people..

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
My post was sarcastic.

I'm not a big fan of Jerry for many reasons. I will say I've warmed up to the guy a bit in the last few years, but he's still not atop my favorite people list.

Yes, but you still love the Cowboys, and as such, I think you should share the "privilege" of paying for their new home...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Gotta love those obsessed with hating the 'Boys.

Isn't this about the NFL Network and not the new stadium?

Trust me, I'll donate a few bucks when we get down that way to watch a game.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Can I hitch a ride? I've never been to a Cowboys game. Or an NFL game, for that matter.

Same here on both accounts. We've been dropping our money on ISU sports but need to get to TX soon.

We'll have to work out a road trip sometime. :yes:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
NFL games are not as exciting as college, you are not missing much. I have been to that spaceship that landed inside soldier field. It was nice, but nothing to write home about.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Isn't this about the NFL Network and not the new stadium?

In the bigger picture, the principle is basically the same...a rich, powerful person or entity wants more money, so he enlists the "help" of the government to get what he wants. Hopefully in the case of the NFL Network, the TX legislature won't be quite so gullible.

Trust me, I'll donate a few bucks when we get down that way to watch a game.

On that we can agree...once you step foot in Arlington, you'll be donating more than just a few bucks...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Oh, I know I'm missing out - not seeing my NFL team play.

I can find 10 people that prefer college football games and 10 that prefer NFL games - just a matter of preference.

For me, football is football - for the most part I don't care who or what level it is. As long as there are people laying good hits on others, good execution and a big play or to - I'm happy.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Personally, I couldn't care less what the NFL Network and cable companies do because I have DirecTV. I find the battle childish, much like the BTN issue - but it doesn't really affect me either.

It would suck for those that want it and don't have the option to switching.