Josh Lenz needs some love.....

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
He has been without a doubt our MVP. He's the most consistent player in all 3 games so far. His special teams play has put us in awesome field position. We have not scored on a drive longer than 60 yards. We have ran that receiver reverse pass twice and he hit Money in the numbers. The one Money threw wasnt close. And that catch on 3rd down last night that setup Money's game winning touchdown was out if this world! That pass was headed to the stands and he went up and got it and had the wherewithal to get a foot down. CF needs to show him some love today. We could be 0-3 without his game.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
He's been clutch so far, both him and money look to be serious targets for Steele this year

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
All the receivers deserve praise IMO. They've taken a lot of heat but so far they've stepped up. Lenz and Money have been great, Horne has contributed in all three games and Darks was huge against Iowa.

But yes, Lenz definitely deserves some love. Still shocked at his throw last night. Not going to lie, didn't see that one coming. He's been a good player since he got here.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
He has been without a doubt our MVP. He's the most consistent player in all 3 games so far. His special teams play has put us in awesome field position. We have not scored on a drive longer than 60 yards. We have ran that receiver reverse pass twice and he hit Money in the numbers. The one Money threw wasnt close. And that catch on 3rd down last night that setup Money's game winning touchdown was out if this world! That pass was headed to the stands and he went up and got it and had the wherewithal to get a foot down. CF needs to show him some love today. We could be 0-3 without his game.

I think Steele is easily our MVP but I agree that Lenz has been awesome this year, on offense and special teams.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
All the receivers deserve praise IMO. They've taken a lot of heat but so far they've stepped up. Lenz and Money have been great, Horne has contributed in all three games and Darks was huge against Iowa.

But yes, Lenz definitely deserves some love. Still shocked at his throw last night. Not going to lie, didn't see that one coming. He's been a good player since he got here.

I agree that they all have played well at times.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Reason we are 3-0 is because everyone has contributed so far! It's great to see! Lenz has been huge, Horne, Reynolds, Jantz, Shontrelle, White, etc etc.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
How important is field position....it changes the complexity of the game. Especially the playcalling and the ability to take risks. We have played well when the field is shortened. We have not when we have longer drives. The momentum changed in game last night when we flipped the field position in the second half. Our short fields are a direct reflection of Lenz's kickoff and punt returns. His receiving has been outstanding. Game after game he has been out most consistent player. That's why I give him the MVP so far.

ken

Dec 28, 2008
I agree. I wanted to vote for him on the CF poll for Cyclone of the week, and he wasn't listed as an option.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
Funny, I didn't realize that K-N-O-T-T started with a "L".

Josh is doing a great job--but there's no reason to be over the top. He's hardly the only player doing well. That's why it's a TEAM game!

Never said he was the only one playing well.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
I watched Lenz in the Iowa Shrine Bowl, and from that moment on I knew he was going to be special. Great get for us!

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I was comparing our options from last year to this year. Last year Jake Williams was our only option. When we needed a big catch he's the guy we threw to.

This year Money and Lenz have been clutch each time they've been thrown to. And not far behind had been Horne as well. Sure helps open things up when the defense had to account for more than one player.

The only improvement I see is Jantz ability top find his check downs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO

ISU needs team players. Lenz is an important one.

Chizit

Dec 21, 2008
Section L, Row 11
He has literally done everything. Clutch receptions, great punt/kick returns, and of course thrown for a TD. He has had two of the best catches I've seen in awhile, last night on that 3rd and 9, and then his TD catch last year against Texas.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was comparing our options from last year to this year. Last year Jake Williams was our only option. When we needed a big catch he's the guy we threw to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
I was watching the play where Josh makes the tippy-toe catch on the sidelines. Jantz has forever to stand in the pocket, and you can see that the Huskies are making no headway at collapsing the pocket whatsoever. AA, Bret Meyer and Seneca sure never had that luxury...

Help Support Us

Become a patron