Josh Lenz Podcast

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Lamoni

Jan 11, 2017
I listened to a podcast with Josh Lenz today and here were my takeaways:

- Reminiscing about the Paul Rhoads era feels like a lifetime ago even though it wasn't
- I was all in on Paul Rhoads after the Nebraska and Oklahoma State wins
- Josh Lenz ran a 4.34!?! I remember he was fast but I don't remember him being THAT fast
- Lenz spent 3 NFL seasons on the practice squad and never suited for a game (although he was active for the AFC Title game against the Patriots)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That’s a name I hadn’t heard in awhile. I always liked him. I’ll be listening to that.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Damn, wanted my Bears to keep him.
Now I have to deal with Lazard in GB.
As bad, the Bears are ruining Monty.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Because they're tough, scrappy, gym rats?
Well, yes of course, but more because they got it done. Lenz was so great at his role, and Ryen took that and ran with it. I don't know which I liked better but they were basically the same player, which I mean as a compliment because I think so highly of both of their production.

• Winner
Reactions: skibumspe

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Well, yes of course, but more because they got it done. Lenz was so great at his role, and Ryen took that and ran with it. I don't know which I liked better but they were basically the same player, which I mean as a compliment because I think so highly of both of their production.
Are you saying Ryen learned from Lenz? Because if so, Ryen's first year playing was 3 years after Lenz last year, and Ryen wasn't on campus when Lenz was here. Not sure if that's your point though

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
4.34 Forty time is more than pretty quick. They were both burners, and they ran good routes and made big plays when we needed them. Plus I love punt returns that take it to the house.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
4.34 Forty time is more than pretty quick. They were both burners, and they ran good routes and made big plays when we needed them. Plus I love punt returns that take it to the house.
4.34 forty is fast, quick isn’t really measured by a 40 time Imo

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Can't tell if that was supposed to be a joke, but since I'm obtuse I was meaning other people spell my name wrong.
Yes it was supposed to be a joke, but apparently not a very good one.

Also:
giphy.gif

WYWWTgJ.gif

No, I'm not calling you obtuse. You just reminded me of this classic exchange.

• Friendly
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Who can forget the end around to Lenz who passed it to Reynolds for a key TD at Connecticut. I believe that was the game where some drunk UConn fans pushed our mascot down some stairs injuring him.