Joshua Jefferson has committed to Iowa State

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Honest question. Can I go to prairie meadows and throw down 100 buck on Iowa state going to the final four or winning the national title. I’m not a gambler and don’t want to download a gambling app.

Reactions: Matt33

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Honest question. Can I go to prairie meadows and throw down 100 buck on Iowa state going to the final four or winning the national title. I’m not a gambler and don’t want to download a gambling app.
You can go to PM and put a bet on ISU to win it all. (Not sure about final 4)

DK currently has ISU +2500.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
On 247 at least, Jefferson is a slightly higher rated transfer prospect than Kyle. Of course, rankings are highly subjective, we all know. Still, I have to think we may have got the best player available to us. Our coaches, fans and facilities (+ We Will) are making a difference in this new era. :)
I liked Jefferson over Kyle if for no other reason than he played in a much better conference and came from a top 25 team. The giant leap from a low major to a P6 team always worries me. Jefferson was a double digit scorer on a top 25 team. We pretty much know he can produce at this level.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Better defensive lineup than with Ward and King out there this year? Not sure; I hope you're right!! Just watching the highlights though of these players and having watched Ward all year, I know Ward has better bounce than either Jefferson or Jackson and was a better shot blocker. He made that come from behind or straight up block on many occasions where it started a fast break or led to a great stop. That's huge for an offense like ours that could struggle in the half-court to get in transition off a shot block.

But, if you're right and it is a better defensive lineup, WOW! Just seems like hype and recency of the commitment is taking people to another level like it does when we sign a new player.

Does anyone actually have footage of Jefferson and Jackson playing D? Would love to see it as multiple press have said Jefferson's defense is legit and that's awesome to hear, but I'd love to watch myself.

Regardless, sounds like a great pick-up!!
Blocking shots is only one part of playing defense, but being in the right position and timely rotations are as important, if not more so.

Combined, our 3 bigs averaged 2.3 blocks/game last year.
Jefferson/Jackson/Chatfield: 2.1. Also, I expect Rock to be a better blocker than any of them, assuming he gets PT, which I think he will. It'll be nice to have a deeper bench for when our bigs get in foul trouble.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I liked Jefferson over Kyle if for no other reason than he played in a much better conference and came from a top 25 team. The giant leap from a low major to a P6 team always worries me. Jefferson was a double digit scorer on a top 25 team. We pretty much know he can produce at this level.
Not only a good team, but supppperrrr slow pace. 10 points there is like 14 at a lot of places. About the same points per possession as Gilbert for example.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
718177e4-2388-44ce-9d3d-f8d2055d0c8a_text.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron