JP thread from five years ago

Spam

May 21, 2008
There was a thread about JP 4 years ago. Not going to link it because it was on the basketball boards. But it seems relevant to football now. So here is the post again:
------

A few quotes from JP's profile at cyclones.com

Jamie Pollard on firing Dan McCarney

“We had gotten to a spot where the fan base was divided and if everybody's divided, you can't move forward. Half the people want this, half the people want that.In the long run, you're an accident waiting to happen, and we all came to that conclusion. We have to pull the plug for everybody's sake.''

Jamie Pollard on his vision

“I want to be the athletic director to take a program from A to Z,'' he said, ``versus going to an athletic program that's already at a P and trying to get to Z.''

"When I actually took the job and you hear the culture you ran up against, not everybody but I'd say the critical mass, kind of had come to accept the fact that that was never going to happen, at least not in their lifetime,'' Pollard said. "Because they get to the point of beyond disappointment, that it's OK to be disappointed. "

Jamie Pollard on his hires

“All I worry about is to try to make it better and make this a great place to be,'' he said. If the fans don't step up and help us do all those things, that's not only going to be a challenge to keep Jamie Pollard, that's going to be a challenge for Greg McDermott and Cael Sanderson and Gene Chizik and (women's basketball coach) Bill Fennelly, and we'll have all those issues to deal with. I don't spend my time worrying about what may happen if we're too successful.''

Jamie Pollard on himself

“I'm a builder, not a maintainer.''

Greg McDermott on Jamie Pollard

“He was someone that I felt 100 percent comfortable doing the contract negotiations with, just he and I.â€￾​

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree that based on Pollard's past comments, he should fire Rhoads. Whether that happens or not, I doubt it.