JTS construction webcam?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Even Washington State has more suites than Iowa State... a school 5 hours from Seattle and 70+ miles from the nearest Target.

attachment.php

Their stadium has a capacity of 32,000. Whats your point this time?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
That the press and suite areas look more impressive.

Again, expanding ISU's press box will mean removing all the renovations that were just done on the west side. Pollard has said this much, and it has been confirmed to him by many people much smarter than you and I. The press box is going to look the same for many years to come, or until at least there is a demand to expand it other then aesthetics.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Again, expanding ISU's press box will mean removing all the renovations that were just done on the west side. Pollard has said this much, and it has been confirmed to him by many people much smarter than you and I. The press box is going to look the same for many years to come, or until at least there is a demand to expand it other then aesthetics.

Makes me wonder why they didn't design those with a future pressbox expansion in mind. I know some other campus buildings were designed with future phases in mind.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
We can discuss the importance of higher capacity or how aesthetically pleasing additions are, but there is nothing that is more of a **** measuring contest than the size of effing press boxes. Especially when we already have suites between the decks.

How many schools have two videoboards that size bookending their stadiums? How many have a capacity of 61,000 people?

Last edited:

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Makes me wonder why they didn't design those with a future pressbox expansion in mind. I know some other campus buildings were designed with future phases in mind.

Because it was the most economical option and saving that money probably helped us to get the new football facilities and the SEZ in faster than we previously would have?

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008

That has to mean just the concourse renovations right? I don't see how the press box ties in with the suites that were added.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
That has to mean just the concourse renovations right? I don't see how the press box ties in with the suites that were added.

I don't see any reason to remove them, just nothing will happen until there is increased demand for suites, because I don't think we are even selling out the ones we have.

So we will need to start winning here soon if we want a bigger press box.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
We can discuss the importance of higher capacity or how aesthetically pleasing additions are, but there is nothing that is more of a **** measuring contest than the size of effing press boxes. Especially when we already have suites between the decks.

How many schools have two videoboards that size bookending their stadiums? How many have a capacity of 61,000 people?
I prefer an enclosed SEZ (no enclosed club area) and an expanded press box. Our press box is putrid and barely passes the structures you find in the MAC conference

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I prefer an enclosed SEZ (no enclosed club area) and an expanded press box. Our press box is putrid and barely passes the structures you find in the MAC conference

I prefer a 100,000 seat stadium with free beer water fountains, but you don't always get what you want.

Last edited:

Cyclone711

Oct 27, 2007
Minnesota
I honestly don't understand why people are clamoring for an expanded press box simply for aesthetic reasons when there frankly isn't the demand for it. Seems greedy, considering the amount of money we've already invested in the stadium.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
I honestly don't understand why people are clamoring for an expanded press box simply for aesthetic reasons when there frankly isn't the demand for it. Seems greedy, considering the amount of money we've already invested in the stadium.

Completely agree. People just love to *****. And a small segment of the ISU fanbase just needs something to ***** about and a reason to feel inferior to other schools, it seems.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Sure you do. The only people concerned about the press box are the press.

And it's passable.

Reality...jack trice kicks ☆☆☆.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I would like some Photoshop dude to put our Jake seats, Press pressbox suites, west suites, east club and new club seating in the south into one side of a stadium that has ONE level. (that is what kinnick is)

It would be pretty fricking massive in my mind considering the west suits alone go end to end currently.
So basically. .....until we get out of the basement of the league. we can live with what we have.

Can't stand how people don't realize we basically can do 360 degree suites/clubs with a 2 level stadium and yet the press box still looks bad.

Last edited:

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010

Jeez, can we finish the current renovations before we start clamoring for more. Pollard has done an amazing job with facilities. By the way, here's the pressbox of a perennial top 10 team in one of the richest cities in America. Seems to work OK for them.

Stanford_Stadium_field_6.JPG