Juco DB commits

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Only other offers were FCS
We don't really know the whole story yet, though. It could be that everyone thought he was a 23 guy and it turns out he's graduating this summer. That happens a lot with JUCOs. Either way, we lost Young, King, Miller, McDonald, Morgan, Antoine to the portal since the end of the season and Eisworth graduated. We need bodies. Getting a 4 to play 3 is a nice bonus. If he's not ready, we redshirt him. But I'm guessing he's going to play special teams right away.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Only other offers were FCS

I watched a bit of the NFL draft last weekend and there were a lot of FCS guys drafted. Some even in the 1st round.

Sure we have a need based on recent transfers. But the staff wasn't forced to give McGee a scholarship. The kid is 6'4" / 210lbs per his JUCO team's website. That's a pretty solid frame for a safety. Heck, the strength guys could put a little weight and muscle on him an move him to LB if he can't crack the safety 2 deeps.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The kid is 6'4" / 210lbs per his JUCO team's website. That's a pretty solid frame for a safety. Heck, the strength guys could put a little weight and muscle on him an move him to LB if he can't crack the safety 2 deeps.
I’d trust a JC ‘s website heights and weights even less than I do the two deeps ours puts out.

Reactions: werdnamanhill

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Not sure why a safety would lie about 6'4. 6'2 is plenty big to man the position even at the next level.
Who said anything about the safety lying?

JC’s exaggerate as much as your average HS football program’s heights and weights. James Neal also played at Hutchinson, and we list him at 6’5” 290…which is also “plenty big” for a tackle. Here is his Hutchinson profile: