Jurassic World (June 2015)

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Don't know why Star Lord couldn't just get another infinity stone and use it against the dinos...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I am soooooooooo IN!

Loved the first book, loved the first movie. Second was meh. Third, much better. This one looks to be going back to the awesome stage (but I will miss Alan Grant & definitely John Hammond.). Read elsewhere that they will pay tribute to Richard Attenborough in this movie.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I am soooooooooo IN!

Loved the first book, loved the first movie. Second was meh. Third, much better. This one looks to be going back to the awesome stage (but I will miss Alan Grant & definitely John Hammond.). Read elsewhere that they will pay tribute to Richard Attenborough in this movie.

3 was better than people give it credit for. 2 was just okay. The book, The Lost World, was fantastic, but the name was pretty much the only thing they used. They didn't even keep all the same characters.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Got a good chuckle out of this from a site that was promoting this movie a little. Its an image with some language on it, so be mindful.

dinosaur-jurassicparkdudedroppedtheball.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hybrid dinos? Not feeling that

They already falsified the characteristics of raptors in the first one, and then turned what could have been something interesting into a standard nature vs. human horror movie.

Might be entertaining on a Sunday SyFy day.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Hybrid dinos? Not feeling that

Why do I get the feeling the first attempt of a hybrid was between a T-Rex and a velociraptor? You would think someone would have the brains to say, "Do you guys think we should have started with some herbivores first?"

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I'm not sure about the hybrid dinosaurs and the writing in the trailer seemed pretty meh, but I will definitely watch this when it comes out...on netflix.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Speaking of bad ideas, let's resurrect some ocean carnivores that can jump 50 feet out of the water - on an island - with a short little electric fence around their paddock. Nah, they'll never get out.

Reminds me of this:

HellsAquariumFrontErikWeb.jpg

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
3 was better than people give it credit for. 2 was just okay. The book, The Lost World, was fantastic, but the name was pretty much the only thing they used. They didn't even keep all the same characters.

I agree with most of this. I don't know if I'd call the second book fantastic, but I was still an enjoyable read.

And the third movie wasn't bad either. The only thing I really disliked was that they essentially made up a dinosaur that doesn't exist.

The biggest problem is that both the first book and first movie were so phenomenal it's impossible to live up to them.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Seriously, why would parents send their kids to an island filled with carnivorous dinosaurs? I mean, I understand wanting to send them away to get some sack time alone, but there's better options.