Just had to do it.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Hawkeye11en1 said:
It's amazing how many people come to this site and lurk instead of post.

I was having a conversation with my brother, who also post here, about what's the percentage of people that actively post. When I mean actively post I think a poster would have to average at least 2 posts per day. I don't know what the total amount of registered posters on this site, but I think there has to be at least 15,000. Then out of that 15,000, only about 500 posters would be considered active.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
It's amazing how many people come to this site and lurk instead of post.

I have talked to a bunch of people that enjoy just reading the content and what others have to say. I think it might be that they are afraid of being called out or pretty much saying the same thing as someone else.

I think CW and the others who add content do a great job. I usually come to CF first for sports news then look at yahoo and espn for other news. Also it seems like people are usually on the ball about some of the bigger news stories.

And welcome to the both of you.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I was having a conversation with my brother, who also post here, about what's the percentage of people that actively post. When I mean actively post I think a poster would have to average at least 2 posts per day. I don't know what the total amount of registered posters on this site, but I think there has to be at least 15,000. Then out of that 15,000, only about 500 posters would be considered active.

I found this last night when I was looking around the site:
Threads: 131,341, Posts: 2,635,841, Members: 13,978 as of 10:21

Here are some averages for you:

Average Posts per Member: 189
Average Posts per Thread: 20

Of course these numbers include trolls from other schools and advertising bots. I was thinking that heavy users and mods probably make up something around 10% of the posts. Not saying this is a bad thing but this would only bring down the average posts per member.

Bryson

Aug 20, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm a fellow long-time lurker. I just never felt the need to post an opinion on things when there are 20 other people saying the exact same thing I would say. I also figured no one cares what I think all the time.

I think there are probably a lot more professional lurkers than people are aware of.

Maybe I should start giving my opinion instead of just hanging around, who knows, maybe everyone wants to read my opinion and I'm actually the smartest guy around.:jimlad:

p.s. I've always wanted to use the sarcasm pirate, now my life's dreams have been fulfilled.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I'm a fellow long-time lurker. I just never felt the need to post an opinion on things when there are 20 other people saying the exact same thing I would say. I also figured no one cares what I think all the time.

I think there are probably a lot more professional lurkers than people are aware of.

Maybe I should start giving my opinion instead of just hanging around, who knows, maybe everyone wants to read my opinion and I'm actually the smartest guy around.:jimlad:

p.s. I've always wanted to use the sarcasm pirate, now my life's dreams have been fulfilled.
You have been on since 2007 and have only posted twice. How you do that, I don't know.