K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I'm excited about all home football games, enjoy going to away games when I can, and love bowl games, the Big 12, and NCAA tournaments. However, I just don't feel it for taking a week in late August to go to Europe. Perhaps it is just the fact that I enjoy so much the start of home tailgate season and a game in Ireland would take away from the few weeks leading up to the first tailgate and home game.

P.S. It is probably just a matter of time before I warm up to the idea of going to a game in Ireland, especially if we are coming off hosting a home Playoff game.
Not sure you realize, we play AT Arkansas State in 2025.

So I was just wondering what your excitement level is about going to Jonesboro.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Question. I haven't read the entire thread so siap, but...
Wouldn't K-State fans be pretty unhappy as they are missing this game as a home game? What payback do they get later for doing this?

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I would love to travel back to Ireland.. so why not catch an ISU game at the same time?

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Question. I haven't read the entire thread so siap, but...
Wouldn't K-State fans be pretty unhappy as they are missing this game as a home game? What payback do they get later for doing this?

Lol, ask Iowa State about 15 years ago...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Brother and his wife already planning to go. I'm not sure we can swing it, but I am certainly going to look into it. I have always wanted to go to Ireland.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I know Campbell is a Scottish and Irish name. I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere already, but is CMC Irish? That would have to be exciting for him on some level if he is.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Schedule...would you rather have A or B?

-A- (current)
8/23 K-State (Ireland)
8/30 South Dakota
9/6 Iowa
9/13 at Arkansas State
9/20 or 9/27 conference play

-B-
8/23 K-State (Ireland)
8/30 open
9/6 Iowa
9/13 at Arkansas State
9/20 South Dakota
9/27 conference play

Last edited:

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
We have flown Aer Lingus to Ireland twice from Chicago and it's been great both times.
A quarter of the passengers on our flight didn’t get their luggage. We were told to use the phone next to their kiosk to call and report. So we lined up to call. No one answered. Half hour goes by and the phone is just ringing. I found someone to talk to and they didn’t have anything to write on so I handed her my printed itinerary. She disappeared with it and never returned. Called numerous times throughout the week and the phone only rang. Leaving Eight days later we were questioned why we didn’t have any luggage to check . Explained that we never received it and they laughed and told me that’s common with AL. During the layover in Chicago I found an AL person to help. He took me down a hallway full of luggage. This was the overflow from their storage area. Saw some of the same people from original flight and they never received their luggage and were looking too. My luggage was returned two days after returning.

I pack very different now in case my luggage is lost

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Lol, ask Iowa State about 15 years ago...
"There’s no need to fear the wind if your haystacks are tied down", then.

"Don’t be breaking your shin on a stool that’s not in your way."

• Funny
Reactions: cstrunk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron