K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
I personally would like to go, but my wife can not take vacation time during the School year, and I am not going to go to Ireland for 1 day and leave.

Have you never taken a trip without her before? I'm sure she'd understand - just send her on a girls trip somewhere in July to make up for it!

SuperTrooper

Mar 26, 2012
It seems like more and more schools are doing this and ISU is the latest to join the trend. I nominate Cyclone Larry!

The Iowa State Athletics Department is seeking energetic, confident and professional individuals capable of working in a fast-paced environment to serve as the Host announcer at Cyclone football games. The In-Stadium host will be responsible for presenting in-game promotions and features, conducting interviews and adding to the overall excitement of the fan’s experience.

Responsibilities
  • Serve as the on-camera host during Iowa State home football games.
  • Work all scheduled home football games as well as attend pre-game rehearsals, meetings and special events.
  • Memorize all scripts and information in order to deliver a flawless performance.
  • Conduct live hits from various locations in and around Jack Trice Stadium.
  • Closely monitor the game flow and on-field action at all times.
  • Be an engaging communicator who can interact with fans of all ages and abilities.
  • Maintain a well-groomed appearance that aligns with the ISU brand.

If other schools started jumping off cliffs would we do that?

This is a horrible idea. I laugh at college basketball PA people who have to yell into the mic to get fans excited.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
06313a88-7d6a-4dd9-ac81-e0c6c7a008eb_text.gif
I didn't know he was missing.

• Winner
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
If other schools started jumping off cliffs would we do that?

This is a horrible idea. I laugh at college basketball PA people who have to yell into the mic to get fans excited.
Completely disagree. With how out of control media timeouts have gotten, stadiums should be doing something to help fill that dead space and keep the in-stadium product desirable. Someone does this right and it will be completely different (and better) than the typical PA announcer telling everyone to get on their feet.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Completely disagree. With how out of control media timeouts have gotten, stadiums should be doing something to help fill that dead space and keep the in-stadium product desirable. Someone does this right and it will be completely different (and better) than the typical PA announcer telling everyone to get on their feet.
Serve beer...problem solved. :)

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Eh, there may be some novelty to it for awhile, but it too will get boring. I don't think any form of distraction can overcome how terrible it is to be in a stadium specifically to watch a game in which there are frequently occurring huge gaps in play.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Unfortunately we will 100% lose because we are always bad the first 3 weeks of the year...lol
K-State usually almost loses to a FCS team at the beginning of the year as well, so we may just put out a dueling crapfest in that game.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Would not surprise me if the refs screw us out of a victory there. It's happened numerous time in Manhattan and in Ames. Might as well add a country to the stat line.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
northwestern schedule in 2022
week 0 Nebraska in Ireland
week 1 OFF
week 2 DUKE
week 3 SIU
week 4 Miami (OH)
week 5 at Penn St
week 6 Wisconsin
week 7 OFF
week 8 at Maryland
week 9 at Iowa
week 10 Ohio State
week 11 at Minnesota
week 12 at Purdue
week 13 Illinois

Nebraska schedule in 2022
week 0 Northwestern in Ireland
week 1 North Dakota
week 2 Georgia Southern
week 3 Oklahoma
week 4 OFF
week 5 Indiana
week 6 at Rutgers
week 7 at Purdue
week 8 OFF
week 9 Illinois
week 10 Minnesota
week 11 at Michigan
week 12 Wisconsin
Week 13 at Iowa

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Eh, there may be some novelty to it for awhile, but it too will get boring. I don't think any form of distraction can overcome how terrible it is to be in a stadium specifically to watch a game in which there are frequently occurring huge gaps in play.
They could at least get us some entertainment like a rando kicking a field goal or something. Basketball games have multiple fun time-out events every game.

Hopefully with the new sound system, we can at least not have our ears bleed if they turnup the music.

Reactions: Cyclonsin

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
They could at least get us some entertainment like a rando kicking a field goal or something. Basketball games have multiple fun time-out events every game.

Hopefully with the new sound system, we can at least not have our ears bleed if they turnup the music.

The dynamics are totally different in a larger stadium with a longer game and longer timeouts. There's just no way to come up with that much stuff to keep people engaged. My kid counted timeouts during one home game last season and if memory serves, he stopped counting at 18 and there was still roughly a quarter to play. It's excruciating.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Have you never taken a trip without her before? I'm sure she'd understand - just send her on a girls trip somewhere in July to make up for it!
LOL, Yeah I have, and she would say to go, But to Europe. I just couldnt. Whether she said to go or not. I would feel pretty bad, not going together.

Reactions: Tailg8er

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
The dynamics are totally different in a larger stadium with a longer game and longer timeouts. There's just no way to come up with that much stuff to keep people engaged. My kid counted timeouts during one home game last season and if memory serves, he stopped counting at 18 and there was still roughly a quarter to play. It's excruciating.
4 per quarter in the 1st and 3rd, 3 per quarter in the 2nd and 4th and that's before team timeouts, quarter breaks and halftime which is excruciatingly long in college football.

I don't see how it gets any better as it becomes even more of a TV product.

• Puke
Reactions: Trice