Kansas Basketball

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'm looking forward to it, I think we'll surprise. Not win, but surprise with how well we hang in there.

I wanna stay optimistic and i do believe we will grab some upsets and widen some eyes in the big 12 this year, but it won't be against KU. They are another level right now, they are final four/championship material. whether that stays that way all the way to the end remains to be seen (ask the Dallas Cowboys what being borderline unstoppable in the first 3/4ths of the year means.) I love Iowa State and will be drunk and cheering like no other, but I don't see us staying within 15 pts of them hardly all game.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I don't think this is the year for KU fans to start predicting an undefeated season in the Big XII. In past years KU could slack off here and there and just get up for the "big" games (usually Texas, OSU). This year with how solid the conference is from top to bottom, they're going to have to bring it every single night. I don't see them winning every game; it's really, really, really hard to go undefeated in our conference with some of the road venues you have to play in.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I hope Kansas wins the NC. It'd be nice to see the Big 12 represent, I mean it's been 20 years hasn't it?

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
We'll see what happens for the rest of hte Big XII season and especially come tourney time, but, I think that in a lot of ways, Roy Williams leaving for NC may have been one of the best things for Kansas BBall. Self seems that he can put together Great teams. That was his kids when Illinois was in the finals and look where they are now that his players are gone. And with the way Kansas is looking this year, I think it's going to be a matter of weather or not he can coach them into the final four. He's definitely got the players.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My rankings as of now

#1 UCLA
#2 KU
#3 UNC
#4 Memphis
#5 Georgetown

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Word Nick Word! That was the NC game and we lost to a hometown crowd and ref's calling the game as if they were from the big(little)11. One of the few times I agree with a coach getting tossed, the only way a coach can show up the BS without getting fined by the great NCAA. That said KU will not go undefeated in the Big12, no team will. 90% sure they'll win the conference, 10% is my undying optimism for my team.