Kansas doesn't seem like typical kansas this year

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I know there is a lot of season left, and I'll probably eat those words, but they just don't feel like big bad kansas so far this season. They are a good team but they don't feel like they are the team to beat for the title like they normally do. Beyond their starters their bench just isn't that great. They are top 20 good for sure, but I don't think they are top 10 good. At least not at this point.

now that i said it out loud, they will go undefeated from here on out and win the league title.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
They are super-thin (by KU standards of rosters). I read earlier that their bench has something like one (1) field goal in the past two games.

Among their starters, I also don't think KJ Adams is all that good. He's a great athlete but doesn't have much basketball skill, mostly just flings himself at the basket.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
The emergence of Furphy helps but their bench is awful. When they lock in more on defense like today they are tough and they have some good wins. IF they stay healthy I could see them making a run due to how good their starting 5 is.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I will take the win 100 times out of 100, and dog KU fans the entire time, but they are not deep enough to be as good as the might usually be this year. That they are a top 10 team (at this moment) is a joke. Maybe top 25…maybe…but they’re getting by on name.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Felt like they have two dudes that can get theirs but the rest of the players are average.

How does a blueblood not have a deep bench?

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Maybe an even playing field where everyone can pay players doesn’t give Self the advantage he’s enjoyed up until now?
All the blue bloods have been not quite as dominant in recent years. Hmm why could this be?

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I thought Harris, McMullar, and Dickinson were all really good. They just aren't deep. A lot of basketball games can be won with a few studs and I've never seen our d get carved up as bad as they did tonight under TJ. Dickinson changes our entire d.

Reactions: exCYtable

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
They are still really good in my opinion. Not deep at all, but their starting 5 is as good as you get in college basketball.

We shoot only 40% from three and we could very easily lose that game. We had that stretch in middle of second half where everything went our way.

Better team won today but it took a really good performance on our part.

Agree not the best KU team we’ve seen recently, but still first tier in college basketball.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I know there is a lot of season left, and I'll probably eat those words, but they just don't feel like big bad kansas so far this season. They are a good team but they don't feel like they are the team to beat for the title like they normally do. Beyond their starters their bench just isn't that great. They are top 20 good for sure, but I don't think they are top 10 good. At least not at this point.

now that i said it out loud, they will go undefeated from here on out and win the league title.
They have Hunter Dickinson for starters. He’s a decent player but the softest dude I’ve seen this year. Yes I saw his stats but he can’t play D and he’s charmin soft

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If they chose to consistently pound it inside Dickinson might get 40 he's really good. Shelf stated their D is a mess.

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

Fall Creek

Oct 28, 2023
They are super-thin (by KU standards of rosters). I read earlier that their bench has something like one (1) field goal in the past two games.

Among their starters, I also don't think KJ Adams is all that good. He's a great athlete but doesn't have much basketball skill, mostly just flings himself at the basket.
Hopefully we can get him to play TE for us, looks like a football player

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron