Kansas Game Info

Milehighcy2

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2016
I’m thinking about taking my boys to the Kansas game. Does anyone know what section ISU seats are in at Memorial Stadium? Best place to buy tics? Any good places to go pre-game?

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think it’s 25-26. We went there in 2016 I think. We just bought tickets on something like Stubhub for $6 apiece in section 21 or 22 right behind ISU bench. Can’t remember for sure if it was StubHub or Ticketmaster. The tickets were a little low to see over our team but stadium was so empty we just moved up a few rows. It may be a little harder to get good seats if they win this week but I can’t imagine it’s much harder.

At least then the stadium was an empty dump. The women’s restroom was fairly large but only one light was working so women were getting their phones out to see in the stalls.

There are probably closer places to park but we just parked at The Phog. It was an easy walk.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’m thinking about taking my boys to the Kansas game. Does anyone know what section ISU seats are in at Memorial Stadium? Best place to buy tics? Any good places to go pre-game?
Walk in and find the fans in red and walk over to them. No one will be in there and you can pretty much go wherever you want.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
We pregamed at the Wheel in 2020 and it was a relaxed college setting. There were plenty of people there with their kids.

Postgame we ate at Free State Brewing on Massachusetts Street and there was little wait with good food and drinks.

Reactions: khardbored

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Walk in and find the fans in red and walk over to them. No one will be in there and you can pretty much go wherever you want.
Very curious if this will be the case this year. Will their fans come around? Who knows.

My son was talking about going that weekend, maybe I will join. Want to hit all the Big12 stadiums eventually. So far, I have.... just Ames lol.

Reactions: ProcessTruster

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I'm going with my cousin, a KU grad, and their fans are freaking out over the 3-0 start. I would expect a good crowd, especially if they beat Duke this weekend.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Very curious if this will be the case this year. Will their fans come around? Who knows.

My son was talking about going that weekend, maybe I will join. Want to hit all the Big12 stadiums eventually. So far, I have.... just Ames lol.

I think this week will be a good barometer to determine their fan support for this team. This coming weeks game is in Lawrence against Duke. so it may be worth while to watch the game to gauge crowd attendance.

Overall, I think the stadium will not be full, if I had to guess, I would think the 35 to 35 yard lines will have decent crowd and probably not an area where you can just change your seat to like you could in the past. But outside of that, you could probably change seats.

Overall, I'd look at ticket prices online and buy the cheapest ones you can, most likely endzone, and move to a sideline seat later.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I think it’s 25-26.
We sat in what's 25 in 2012, I think the renumbered sometime since then (I think it was 49 or something back then.) Bought off from the ticket booth right before kick. They had a recliner section behind the end zone, a lot like our hot tub way back when. All I remember is that we won, the hot chocolate was lukewarm, and that was the night that Rutgers/Maryland to the B1G broke and Baylor beat K-State (less sure of that result, but that's what I remember...)

Sat right behind the ISU bench in 2016, 20 rows up, got those tickets for like $25/ea. KU fans around us were fun, very self-deprecating.

Want to hit all the Big12 stadiums eventually. So far, I have.... just Ames lol.

I've been to Lawrence, Manhattan, Stillwater, Norman, and Lubbock. Headed to Austin this year. Planning to hit one of the new conference member stadiums next year and probably Waco or Morgantown. From my experience in Lubbock last year, I'm going to always buy tickets from ISU - we were in the corner among the TTU fans in the cheap seats. My spidey sense was tingling towards the end of that game, I was not comfortable in the stands, away from my ISU brethren. Totally different experience in Norman the following week - their fans were beyond welcoming, got multiple "thank you for coming" greetings from Sooners. When their band played ISU Fights! during the pregame, someone near us was cutting up lots of onions, I kept having to wipe my eyes...

Lawrence was overall meh, but KU was pretty bad both times I went. Middle to lower for a visiting fan for me. In order for those I've been to so far as a visitor, I'd say OU, K-State, oSu, KU, TTU. oSu ahead of KU b/c Pickens is a nice stadium. I've been to both Lincoln and IA City as a visitor, too - Lincoln was good, but weird (they were still good and nice but condescending); IA City was a mixed bag. In losses at both Lincoln and IA City, I got completely different responses to my offers of fisticuffs. In Lincoln, they all had a "good game, you've got a good team" response. In IA City, they started lining up to whoop me...

Reactions: Yellow Snow

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We sat in what's 25 in 2012, I think the renumbered sometime since then (I think it was 49 or something back then.) Bought off from the ticket booth right before kick. They had a recliner section behind the end zone, a lot like our hot tub way back when. All I remember is that we won, the hot chocolate was lukewarm, and that was the night that Rutgers/Maryland to the B1G broke and Baylor beat K-State (less sure of that result, but that's what I remember...)

Sat right behind the ISU bench in 2016, 20 rows up, got those tickets for like $25/ea. KU fans around us were fun, very self-deprecating.

I've been to Lawrence, Manhattan, Stillwater, Norman, and Lubbock. Headed to Austin this year. Planning to hit one of the new conference member stadiums next year and probably Waco or Morgantown. From my experience in Lubbock last year, I'm going to always buy tickets from ISU - we were in the corner among the TTU fans in the cheap seats. My spidey sense was tingling towards the end of that game, I was not comfortable in the stands, away from my ISU brethren. Totally different experience in Norman the following week - their fans were beyond welcoming, got multiple "thank you for coming" greetings from Sooners. When their band played ISU Fights! during the pregame, someone near us was cutting up lots of onions, I kept having to wipe my eyes...

Lawrence was overall meh, but KU was pretty bad both times I went. Middle to lower for a visiting fan for me. In order for those I've been to so far as a visitor, I'd say OU, K-State, oSu, KU, TTU. oSu ahead of KU b/c Pickens is a nice stadium. I've been to both Lincoln and IA City as a visitor, too - Lincoln was good, but weird (they were still good and nice but condescending); IA City was a mixed bag. In losses at both Lincoln and IA City, I got completely different responses to my offers of fisticuffs. In Lincoln, they all had a "good game, you've got a good team" response. In IA City, they started lining up to whoop me...
One of our sons went to Norman both in the 2016 Kempt/Lanning tag team win and in 2018 with the heartbreaking PI one point loss.

He said OK fans were exceedingly gracious both when they won and when they lost.

Have never had trouble with them at JTS, but the Texas fans that I see are incredibly rude and obsessed with OK even when they are in Ames.

Another son went to a game at TCU and said their fans were also very gracious.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If Kansas beats Duke this Saturday, I predict they will be close to a sellout for ISU. Might be anyway.

LOL no way there are a TON of tix available. There will be a lot of Iowa State fans at that game too.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One of our sons went to Norman both in the 2016 Kempt/Lanning tag team win and in 2018 with the heartbreaking PI one point loss.

He said OK fans were exceedingly gracious both when they won and when they lost.

Have never had trouble with them at JTS, but the Texas fans that I see are incredibly rude and obsessed with OK even when they are in Ames.

Another son went to a game at TCU and said their fans were also very gracious.
We went last year and the Oklahoma fans were fine. We did pee that one down our leg (Purdys fumble for a return killed us) but they were decent.

Reactions: carvers4math

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
More full than normal? Most likely for sure. A sellout in Lawrence? That’s crazy talk.
We will see.
Their stadium holds 47,000.
They had 35,000 for their home opener this year against Tennessee Tech ( I think).
It was their largest home opener crowd for a decade.
As I stated, if they are 4-0 when we come to town, I think they will turn out- big time.

Jayhawks open at 8.5 point favorites over undefeated Duke.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ruxCYtable

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
No kickoff time announced yet for Kansas?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Also waiting on kickoff time announcement. If early, I'm going to leave Friday (from Fort Collins area.) Cousin doesn't arrive until Saturday so if anyone wants to grab dinner!

If night kickoff I probably won't leave until Saturday morning.