Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I feel a whole lot more "country" with the masses at Manhattan, especially the college bar scene, than Ames. The student population feels a lot more country. We have approximately 35% of our students from Chicago and Minneapolis areas?? Someone could correct me on that, but that is unlikely ksu has those numbers. What major area do they draw from besides KC?
Ames is prettttyyy country. There's a segment of ISU fans and alums that I've always seen want to deny or distance themselves from it, but in my time it was definitely that way, and what I can see when I visit nowadays you still get plenty of that vibe.

I'm not one that sees that as a bad thing though, either. I grew up on a farm 3 miles from a town of 15-20 people and 4 miles from a town of maybe 120 people.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Can anyone give me instances of ISU players flopping? I'm a member of a couple of their Facebook groups and they said ISU should have been called for numerous flopping technicals and are known to flop alot.

That's a first for me and I've watched pretty much every TJ game the last 3 years
Depends on how you define a flop, Gilbert had a good acting performance to draw a foul against BYU if I remember right. Every team at times exaggerates contact to draw fouls, because it works.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Ames is prettttyyy country. There's a segment of ISU fans and alums that I've always seen want to deny or distance themselves from it, but in my time it was definitely that way, and what I can see when I visit nowadays you still get plenty of that vibe.

I'm not one that sees that as a bad thing though, either. I grew up on a farm 3 miles from a town of 15-20 people and 4 miles from a town of maybe 120 people.
Compared to what though? Compared to bum **** Iowa I'd say we're not that country, compared to a big city sure.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Compared to what though? Compared to bum **** Iowa I'd say we're not that country, compared to a big city sure.
I don't mean Ames, the general community. I mean the ISU student body. Lots of small town kids. The house parties and college bars always had the element to them.

Ames, the adult community, is not very country.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Give me a ******* break KSU.

I wish them nothing but the worst this year. Crybabies. You got your asses beat down the stretch and honestly ISU played poorly most of the second half. Nice choke.
i guess when the other team out scouts you, you cry wolf and say they were filming timeout huddles, texting it down to the bench, relaying it to an assistant, who then relayed it to the head coach WHO THEN had to come up with a play to defeat it.. all in 2 mins.

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
Boy, they are really buying into the spying crap on the K-State 247 board. Of course Tang will never file a formal complaint or admit this to the public because he knows it's a bunch of BS. But he's got no problem letting their fans run wild with speculation that there were racial slurs and stuff being thrown at them. Then they let it known through back channels what REALLY happened so their premium fans can get all worked up over what is currently completely baseless accusations.

The guy running the 247 site is all about it though. He's got screen shots and circles drawn where he's pretty sure the perpetrators are sitting. What a ******* clown show it is over there.

I'm not going to pay for a 247 subscription, but am so curious what their "proof" is. Anyone got any examples?

Reactions: CyDude16

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
All I know is that if I were the coach of a Big 12 team coming into Hilton, my recipe for a victory would be to:

1. Get down double digits in the first half
2. Climb back into the game in the second half hitting a bunch of contested threes
3. Wait until the game is within reach at the under 8 timeout and then lose my mind about absolutely nothing while simultaneously riling up the crowd
4. Get a technical foul with 2 minutes to go in a very close game, giving ISU 4 free throws

Brilliant strategy. Tang is truly one of the best strategists out there.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I don’t think I’ve seen anyone post this yet. I know this whole thing started with baseless accusations so I don’t want to contribute but this seems like it could be legitimate.

View attachment 122840

That's fantastic. It also fits Occam's razor - simplest explanation just might be the correct answer.

My question is, in a crowd of fans with cellphones, what would make Tang think that someone is 1) specifically filming his huddle (vs something else), 2) is affiliated with the basketball team on an operations level and 3) is actively passing useful information to the bench.

Each of those 3 questions above would be extremely difficult to ascertain with any certainty. Exponentially so during the middle of a basketball game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron