Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Right? I mean, look at the away records in big 12 so far this year.

vP6aSgF.png

No one has a winning record. Only one team has a .500 record and they've only played 2 road games. They'll have a tough task staying above .500 with a trip to Norman tomorrow.

Winning road games in the big 12 is never an easy task.

Kansas State? CHEATERS
Tech? CHEATERS
Houston? CHEATERS
Kansas? CHEATERS
ISU? CHEATERS
Baylor? CHEATERS

Sounds totally reasonable, I mean combined 17-0 record at home, they have to all be cheating.

Oklahoma State should be crowned Big 12 champion for being the only team not cheating at home.

Reactions: GMackey32

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I understand purple-kansas fans being upset about the Milan call. Bad calls happen all game to both teams but when they happen very late in the game you don't have much chance to recover/respond, you're just screwed. But I think that play was technically a foul (hard to see in real-time from one angle), and when you lose by 10+, one foul call wasn't the difference-maker no matter when it occurred.

The spying/filming s*** is just that, along with the accusations of throwing things and racial slurs, none of which appears to be substantiated. I'm sure they have lots of offline fans who are fine and reasonable people just like every fanbase but their online contingent in my experience seems to think they never lose a game honestly and thinks they're blue-blood status in football and MBB. Delusional, the lot of them.

^^^ re: ISU flopping: Lipsey has a great LeBron-style head-flop although I rarely see him getting calls with it. Jaz Kunc was the über-flopper although he's of course not on the team this year. Can't think of any obvious and critical flops we did but I'm of course a big homer so such things don't stick out to me.
Nobody flops like the all-time great Big 12 flopper Marcus Smart.

and he has continued that in the NBA

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
If you include all games (not just league games), TCU is the only team in the Big 12 with a winning record on the road currently (3-2). Wins at Georgetown, Hawaii, and Oklahoma State. They should really be 4-1 though, they got totally boned at KU.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
To answer above.

Media timeouts are a lot longer than you think they are:

ESPN Networks: 2:45
FOX Networks: 3:15
CBS/CBSSN: 4:00

Those numbers are to the first horn and then you've got another 15 seconds to the 2nd horn.

• Informative
Reactions: CyberJJJ

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I tried listening to Mundo for a bit and I found I didn't care for his podcasts at all.
He was OK for some content at the beginning, esp the articles - he put a lot of time and effort into them, there was good info in there.

When he started doing more pods, it became a lot more words and a lot less information, imho. I think he is trying to hit it big by using more clickbait type stuff. And his voice isn't my fave, there's a lot of cheesy radio guy there. I don't really listen much anymore, he kind of lost me.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Most of the “stories” coming out is from stuff that’s already been out there on twitter and postgame from that night. Not sure KSU has anything to do with it, or media just wanting a story for clicks. Whole thing is silly.

Reactions: RagingCloner

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Most of the “stories” coming out is from stuff that’s already been out there on twitter and postgame from that night. Not sure KSU has anything to do with it, or media just wanting a story for clicks. Whole thing is silly.
It was the folks at 247 reporting that a trusted source told them "Kansas State caught Iowa State filming huddles and texting info to the Iowa State bench." Paywall or no, making an unequivocal statement like that carries a lot of weight and spread like wildfire. Then you had idiots like Kurtz and others echoing it. It's possible none of that came from the staff, but if it didn't then 247 is burning a lot of bridges.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
He was OK for some content at the beginning, esp the articles - he put a lot of time and effort into them, there was good info in there.

When he started doing more pods, it became a lot more words and a lot less information, imho. I think he is trying to hit it big by using more clickbait type stuff. And his voice isn't my fave, there's a lot of cheesy radio guy there. I don't really listen much anymore, he kind of lost me.
I am not familiar with his beginnings but I agree with the rest. He sounds very radio guy and trying to be clickbaity. He had some good nuggets of insight but his delivery was just bad.

Hestia_Abnegation11

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if already shared, but SI has now picked up the story. JFC, way to make up some **** by Tang.

This is going to be hilarious when its found out that it was someone videoing their kids on the cheer team or something like that. It's also funny that no other Big 12 school's fans have come to K-State's defense, but I've seen many that have mocked them for it (TCU, KU, Tech at least). No one complains more when they lose than K-State.