Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I thought the article was fine. Tang was upset about something and walked over to TJ during the game and then they had a long discussion in the handshake line. It's fair game and newsworthy to report why that was (i.e., Tang thought ISU was spying on the huddle) especially given neither coach would discuss it. The article didn't say it actually occurred or that KSU had proof. Most intelligent readers would draw the same conclusion we are.
If the allegation is in print proof or not people are going to be suspicious

• Agree
Reactions: mkadl and VeloClone

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
If the allegation is in print proof or not people are going to be suspicious
Probably. But that's not Robinette's fault or problem. It was a legitimately weird situation (twice). Everyone wanted to know why it happened. It was a newsworthy event and he reported why it happened.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I've been to hundreds of college basketball games and Wednesday was the first time I've seen a team manager taking notes on the opposing team's huddle at mid-court.

A good friend in college was a student-manager for Larry and they never did this. I'm not sure if it's against any rules but it's definitely not normal/typical.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
He's saying a bunch of teams send people out to midcourt. That is blatantly false.

The only true part is having someone assigned to figure out which of the opposing 5 are in the game.
Again, I do not think the writer was saying ISU was doing it, both teams he is saying KU and KSU do it. Remember he is the Star staff writer covering KSU.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Tang's voice must carry quite well in a loud arena where people a few rows back can hear what he is saying while in huddle with his players. And that's assuming Tang is facing the bench.

This whole claim is absurd and hilarious at the same time.
He uses his Gym Voice, as the elementary teacher would say.

Reactions: Cyhig

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is completely absurd. Remember when K-State dominated the entire game, was up 12 at half, then at the very last second had the game stolen from them by corrupt, one sided refs?

Yeah, neither do I. TJ should sue them for slander. His coaching box warning the other night is the first time I've actually seen him get pissee off in 3 years and now he's a bad guy?

On to Kansas, we've got bigger things to worry about than a bunch of crybabies.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
This is completely absurd. Remember when K-State dominated the entire game, was up 12 at half, then at the very last second had the game stolen from them by corrupt, one sided refs?

Yeah, neither do I. TJ should sue them for slander. His coaching box warning the other night is the first time I've actually seen him get pissee off in 3 years and now he's a bad guy?

On to Kansas, we've got bigger things to worry about than a bunch of crybabies.
Their main "indication" that something was wrong goes like this:

"I've watched Coach Tang coach 50 games and he's NEVER reacted like this before, so clearly something was up"

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
All I know is that if I were the coach of a Big 12 team coming into Hilton, my recipe for a victory would be to:

1. Get down double digits in the first half
2. Climb back into the game in the second half hitting a bunch of contested threes
3. Wait until the game is within reach at the under 8 timeout and then lose my mind about absolutely nothing while simultaneously riling up the crowd
4. Get a technical foul with 2 minutes to go in a very close game, giving ISU 4 free throws

Brilliant strategy. Tang is truly one of the best strategists out there.
So true. Tang with some great strategy there.

NOT. He very much helped lose the game for purple kansas.

Reactions: aauummm

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Their main "indication" that something was wrong goes like this:

"I've watched Coach Tang coach 50 games and he's NEVER reacted like this before, so clearly something was up"
They should consider themselves lucky they were even in the game. We missed a ton of free throws and they threw a bunch of garbage 3s that went in and we still held them off.

That's a sign of a good team, played as bad as you can possibly play in the entire 2nd half and still won.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So Tang has never had a TV crew come in during a media timeout to listen/film what he is telling his players? This happens all the time. When they come back from the media timeout, the broadcast will then show a short clip of what the coach was telling his players.

I've lost any respect I've had for Tang.
Well to be fair, I'm not sure this is the reason Tang got so worked up.

I would think he knows that a TV crew and dance troupe member near them, with a phone on 'record', is benign. If he doesn't, he's dumber than I thought.

Help Support Us

Become a patron