Kansas State fans are madder than I have ever seen

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
They’re just trolling us people. Ignore them. Tang is gone after this year anyway

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
He’s big mad
I'd wanna kick Tang's ass if I were him. Simply put Tang confronted TJ and called him a cheater. Let the crap go on over the media all week and never gave an apology. Kstate's fanbase showed it's true colors all week. They're too dumb to realize how bad this has made that entire institution look. Great job by TJ!

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
It was one thing when it was a bunch of nameless Twitter users saying it (that was all it was when most people said ISU should ignore it). It is another when the K-State coaches leaked it K-State media, SI (even in the sad form it is now), and CBS talks about the situation pre-game to ISU-KU. You absolutely refute it at that point since it gained some steam.

This is one of the problems I have with new age/social media. Anyone with a platform on Twitter can say whatever the f**k they want and next thing you know it’s on SI and they’re talking about it on the CBS broadcast.

I was torn at first on whether or not it was even worth addressing by TJ or Jamie. On one hand it’s absolutely baseless and you hate to even give it credibility. But at some point your hand is forced when “reputable” sources run with it.
There was only one original source of reporting, Robinett with Wichita Eagle/KC Star if you don't count 247 message boards or Kurtz's twitter account. SI and CBS aggregated Robinett's reporting. I think Tang and/or his staff didn't realize how big it would get when they leaked their BS allegations.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy and nrg4isu

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I was just thinking today, this stuff happens all the time at the high school level.

Coaches send scouts to record and and write down all their play calls and crap.
in a lot of schools the dang bench is the first row of the crowd...lol.
but when it comes to being behind the bench it would look completely obvious.

Then we hear about recording and stealing play calls in college like the games don't have 30 HD cameras everywhere. even if they did get a couple plays, so what? in my HS coaching career we ran the same set play for 10+ years and called it by the same name. everyone knew what was coming, they just couldn't stop it half the time.
we would also have an assistant yell out random crap as a decoy and everyone knew to disregard it. just to screw with the video scouters...

this was very poor on K-states part and I think when you look back at the season, you are going to point to the ISU/Houston game week as their downfall of their season.

and finally, these teams take their timeouts 10 feet on the court. what does recording from 20 feet behind the bench actually get you?

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
K-state fans are in a state of wierdness right now.
got destroyed today
kansas got beat
Isu was the one to beat them.
Add the snow game to that as well as losing their OC and half their team. After losing to ISU in football in Manhattan. These tears are almost better than hok fans after dejeans fair catch signal

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

For those who missed it.

Thank you, and well said by CBS.

So when do we hear form K-State that some of there fans and coaches are, um, more than 'out there', maybe an apology?

And I like the part about "integrity". They (KSU) are basically calling us cheaters. They are questioning our integrity and fairness. They hate us more than they did before, because of a made up conspriracy. BooHoo! Well, if this is how you are and think, back at ya!

K-State, just shut your mouths and go back to being a reasonable Big 12 member and sports rival. You get riled up about this(?), I got nothing else to say. You say you won't forget, and hate us for it, well we won't forget either. I don't expect an apology from any one at K-State but it would be the right thing to do. Your fans need to rethink this.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Has a single KSU fan owned up to this nonsense?

They're all still clinging to fantasy?

Even after their guy flipped out again in a weird way? He's clearly just not mentally tough enough to handle this conference like and adult.

They are circling the wagons on "Tang didn't say anything to the press!" so CBS and ISU fans on Twitter owe HIM an apology. Not even kidding, that's what I am seeing. Plus it's ISU fans that caused the Twitter tempest.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Thank you, and well said by CBS.

So when do we hear form K-State that some of there fans and coaches are, um, more than 'out there', maybe an apology?

And I like the part about "integrity". They (KSU) are basically calling us cheaters. They are questioning our integrity and fairness. They hate us more than they did before, because of a made up conspriracy. BooHoo! Well, if this is how you are and think, back at ya!

K-State, just shut your mouths and go back to being a reasonable Big 12 member and sports rival. You get riled up about this(?), I got nothing else to say. You say you won't forget, and hate us for it, well we won't forget either. I don't expect an apology from any one at K-State but it would be the right thing to do. Your fans need to rethink this.
If Iowa state takes two hours to get 50,000 people through the turnstiles because of bad bandwidth, How does Jerome Tang think Iowa State can text a video within 30 seconds in a basketball game?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Tang (and Rodney Terry) seem like the kind of guys who would pull an Aaron Miles -- run up from behind, sucker punch you in the head, run away, and then claim you started the fight.

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
There was only one original source of reporting, Robinett with Wichita Eagle/KC Star if you don't count 247 message boards or Kurtz's twitter account. SI and CBS aggregated Robinett's reporting. I think Tang and/or his staff didn't realize how big it would get when they leaked their BS allegations.
There was this as well

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
They are circling the wagons on "Tang didn't say anything to the press!" so CBS and ISU fans on Twitter owe HIM an apology. Not even kidding, that's what I am seeing. Plus it's ISU fans that caused the Twitter tempest.
That’s what I’m getting. Basically claiming that everyone figured out the accusation at the game and that Tang & staff hadn’t said anything since.