Kansas

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
In the early days of CJ's tenure, as ISU was becoming a factor, we beat Kansas late in the year and with the same record, KU got an NCAA bid and we stayed home. Ever since, W's over KU seem just a little bit more special.

LAWRENCE, Kan. - Senior outside hitter Carly Jenson collected 15 kills and nine digs on Wednesday, leading the No. 16 Cyclones (12-2, 3-0 Big 12) to a straight-sets win over Kansas (11-3, 0-2). The sweep is the Cyclones' seventh of the season and marks the first 3-0 Big 12 start for Iowa State in program history.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
LAWRENCE, Kan. - Senior outside hitter Carly Jenson collected 15 kills and nine digs on Wednesday, leading the No. 16 Cyclones (12-2, 3-0 Big 12) to a straight-sets win over Kansas (11-3, 0-2). The sweep is the Cyclones' seventh of the season and marks the first 3-0 Big 12 start for Iowa State in program history.

Great to get the win there. That was our most complete match of the season. Limited our errors in a big way, passing was great, serving was great, our defense was great. It was 6-2 KU in the 2nd when Hockaday started serving for 10 straight points, I think. That was incredible. We dominated in the 3rd.

I watched OU-TU later, and they both block really well. There were a ton of blocks in that match. We need to pick that up Sunday.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
I watched OU-TU later, and they both block really well. There were a ton of blocks in that match. We need to pick that up Sunday.

I didn't watch OU take UT 3-2. Those teams are clearly our biggest tests in-conference. We can certaily take Texas Sunday - it will require a great effort, but it will be so sweet. VB might be our best chance at a conference championship this year. (WCC has an excellent opportunity also.)

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
The ladies looked REALLY good in this match. Its pretty exciting that Christy n crew have dominated 2 teams that will more than likely finish in the top half of the league.

They should have as good of chance as any to win the conference this year.

I think every team will have at least 2 losses and thats what I predict ISU will have so I'm hoping for at least a share of the title with UT and/or OU.

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I'm stoked for the Texas match. I hope we can get a bunch of fans in there. Was it covered on here, if you keep your football ticket stub, you get in free on Sunday? Will be a great weekend if both teams can win!

I don't know if I'd count our wrestling team out of a make-shift conference title, only four teams.

Last edited: