Kansas

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
KU basketball is about to be hit with major NCAA sanctions for decades of cheating.

:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:
The NCAA will NEVER bring the hammer down on those cheatin' dbags.

Reactions: cyfanster

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They'll get 6 or 7 wins maybe.

I'm still not seeing the depth and their defense started wearing down last night.

Reactions: qwerty

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Hard to tell how bad Illinois is and how good KU is. But KU looks to be a top-half of the conference team this year
Agree. Hard this time of year to judge teams. Nice KU win, but is Illinois a bowl team or regresses to couple Big10 wins.

I thought KU looked top-half team in 1st half. Their offense was rolling and OC called a great game. In 2nd half they were just OK, but they might have lost their edge being up 20+ points.

The announcers were talking up KU's defense. But I wasn't as impressed as they don't look physical.

IMO KU plays with a lot of emotion and momentum. If they suffer a few early losses, they could lose their swagger and be lower tier Big12 team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree. Hard this time of year to judge teams. Nice KU win, but is Illinois a bowl team or regresses to couple Big10 wins.

I thought KU looked top-half team in 1st half. Their offense was rolling and OC called a great game. In 2nd half they were just OK, but they might have lost their edge being up 20+ points.

The announcers were talking up KU's defense. But I wasn't as impressed as they don't look physical.

IMO KU plays with a lot of emotion and momentum. If they suffer a few early losses, they could lose their swagger and be lower tier Big12 team.

Might be a lot like last year, maybe not as much of a drop off the last month of the season. Like closer losses or eek out a win or two.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Illinois is bad, even for Big10 West standards. I don’t see them sniffing bowl eligibility.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Hard to tell how bad Illinois is and how good KU is. But KU looks to be a top-half of the conference team this year
Illinois did not look good at all. Lot of stupid penalties, poorly coached. They'll look better when they start playing in the B1G West.

Kansas looked very crisp. Daniel can win them some games on his own. They'll upset someone in the Big XII and probably get 7-8 wins.

What is scary is they have almost all of that offense back next year as well, assuming Liepold is still there.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Illinois did not look good at all. Lot of stupid penalties, poorly coached. They'll look better when they start playing in the B1G West.

Kansas looked very crisp. Daniel can win them some games on his own. They'll upset someone in the Big XII and probably get 7-8 wins.

What is scary is they have almost all of that offense back next year as well, assuming Liepold is still there.
If I had to predict- Liepold will be there.

The bigger questions:
  • Does the OC get interest as HC or bigger $ as Big10/SEC OC?
  • Does Jalon Daniels get a lucrative NIL deal at an elite program?
Liepold is in a good spot at KU. After OU & UT leave the Big12 there will be a football power vacuum. With the right coach, no reason KU (or most other Big12 schools) can't be a CFP contender.

It will be interesting how a 12 team playoff changes the dynamic on what are job hopping HC jobs.

LonelyCyKC

Mar 17, 2016
If you want to read something that will make you sick, look up the Kansas plan to update their football stadium. Their antique stadium currently seats 47,233. Like Iowa State they have been convinced that they need to add areas for conference, dining, recreation, entertainment, theater, and lodging in the area around their stadium. As a result, most parking will be lost and no one knows where people will park. Also, even with moving the stands closer to the field (removing the track) they will need to reduce the seating to capture the land area needed for the outside development.

Because in the 5 down years between 2015 and 2019 they had average attendance of 26.610 the consultant wants to reduce the stadium to 39,839 seats.

Apparently other schools with poor football programs and attendance are building smaller more intimate football stadiums.

Perhaps this is just another move by the basketball oriented athletic department to eliminate the football program, and just demo the old stadium and turn the area into a large bar.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron