Kayden Fish will return, fills Iowa State's 13th scholarship spot

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm going out on a limb and say this was meant to be funny. Some of you have no since of himor.
Well, we do have good derpth now. Maybe TJ will turn into Fran and use all 13. Or we could always resort to the hockey substitutions and just foul half our team out like West Virginia.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I cannot remember a deeper roster than what we will have next year.

You're right.

Reminds me of the first Prohm year in 2016 where while we did make the Sweet 16, it was a bumpy road. After Naz got hurt, we were playing a 6 man rotation. Jordan Ashton was the 7th man and he was basically a glorified walk-on.

Edit: Hallice Cooke played some too but neither were very good

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're right.

Reminds me of the first Prohm year in 2016 where while we did make the Sweet 16, it was a bumpy road. After Naz got hurt, we were playing a 6 man rotation. Jordan Ashton was the 7th man and he was basically a glorified walk-on.

Edit: Hallice Cooke played some too but neither were very good
It did set us up for a very nice year the following season. With Naz back we actually had a pretty deep roster.

Monte
Matt
Naz
Deonte
Solo
D-Jack
NWB
Bowie
Holden

That was a very solid team. Damn shame we didn't beat Purdue.

Reactions: CyPunch

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
My understanding of “Medical Redshirt” is that, if you have already red-shirted and then miss a significant part of another season due to injury, you can, after the season, apply for a medical redshirt to get a 6th year of eligibility. Kayden is a redshirt freshman this year. Unless he’s injured again, he doesn’t have another year to burn.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
My understanding of “Medical Redshirt” is that, if you have already red-shirted and then miss a significant part of another season due to injury, you can, after the season, apply for a medical redshirt to get a 6th year of eligibility. Kayden is a redshirt freshman this year. Unless he’s injured again, he doesn’t have another year to burn.
Correct. You can't take a voluntary after you've already missed a year. This year counts for him barring another injury.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10