KC radio station talking Big 12 tourney

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
On our way to KC on Tuesday we were listening to the local KC station talking about the tourney. They mentioned how one of them was picking Mizzou and the other KU. They then went on to say maybe K St will come on and surprise people. The other said Baylor has the weapons to also win the tourney. As they went on and on I got more steamed. Here is how my call went to the station:

Station announcer: Thanks for calling. What is on your mind?

Me: I was just wondering if there was a 3 seed in the tourney this year.

Station announcer: What do you mean?

Me: Well I noticed you mentioned the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th seed in your predictions. I also noticed you picked the number 1 and number 2 seeds to be in the finals. That must be how you do all your brackets.

Station announcer: Well, we were just talking about the local schools.

Me: Yeah...I forgot Baylor was just down the road.

After I got off the air they did apologize to the Iowa State fans for overlooking us.

SHHHEEEEESSHH

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Nothing wrong with flying under the radar.

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
610 or 810? What show?
On our way to KC on Tuesday we were listening to the local KC station talking about the tourney. They mentioned how one of them was picking Mizzou and the other KU. They then went on to say maybe K St will come on and surprise people. The other said Baylor has the weapons to also win the tourney. As they went on and on I got more steamed. Here is how my call went to the station:

Me: Well I noticed you mentioned the 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th seed in your predictions. I also noticed you picked the number 1 and number 2 seeds to be in the finals. That must be how you do all your brackets.

After I got off the air they did apologize to the Iowa State fans for overlooking us.

SHHHEEEEESSHH

bgclone

Apr 11, 2006

SHHHEEEEESSHH

Which station and do you know who the host was? Most stations down here give us a lot of love.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
To be fair, its been a number of years since we've been relevant in KC. When was the last time we really invaded KC, the Morgan years?

After this week I think we'll finally be considered back. The team has shown it on the court and now the fans will show it in their attendance at the tourney.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
That is funny! Kc isn't sure if Iowa state is local or not it seems even though Manhattan isn't much closer than Ames.

KSU is about 50% closer, than Ames. Also, second to KU, there are actually more KSU grads in the KC metro than Mizzou. That was discussed a couple of days ago on 810, regarding Bill Self's comments and whether or not Mizzou/SEC will make KC an SEC town. The consensus was that KU dominates the KC metro, followed by KSU, and then Mizzou a distant 3rd in regards to alumni and attendance at KC venues.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
610 or 810? What show?

810...around 3:00. They were also talking about how they thought the tourney would stay in KC through 2017 just so the SEC wouldn't come in an have their tourney in the Sprint Center. I am sure Florida would love to travel to KC for the SEC tourney.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I swear people forgot how crappy we've been for quite some time now. We're a johnny-come-lately and there's some lag time involved. We're back and everyone will take notice. We don't need to get so butt hurt all of the time.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I don't know how you people make it through the day with so much rage.

"Some radio personality didn't mention the team I like... I MUST TELL HIM OFF"

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
To be fair, its been a number of years since we've been relevant in KC. When was the last time we really invaded KC, the Morgan years?

After this week I think we'll finally be considered back. The team has shown it on the court and now the fans will show it in their attendance at the tourney.

Last time ISU won a game in the Big 12 tourney was 2005. ISU has lost their last 7 games in KC.

Cyclophile1

Dec 14, 2009
Overland Park, KS
Last time ISU won a game in the Big 12 tourney was 2005. ISU has lost their last 7 games in KC.

Salt in the wound!

Seriously, I can't tell you how glad I am to have the Dark Decade of Irrelevance finally behind us. At the time of Hoiberg's hiring, I liked the good feeling of it, but I was a little skeptical about how fast he could get things turned around and whether the fan base would have the patience for a 4-5 year rebuilding job. No worries! Fred had a plan with some calculated risks, but it sure has worked.

I'm so happy Dana Altman left the Crates for Duckland and we have Hoiberg here now.

Cheers

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
I don't know how you people make it through the day with so much rage.

"Some radio personality didn't mention the team I like... I MUST TELL HIM OFF"

Getting mad at sports is much easier than confronting the real problems of life.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I swear people forgot how crappy we've been for quite some time now. We're a johnny-come-lately and there's some lag time involved. We're back and everyone will take notice. We don't need to get so butt hurt all of the time.

You're the one with butt hurt . . such a petty complaint.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You're the one with butt hurt . . such a petty complaint.

Your opinion, of course. Our fan base is quite the whiny bunch. A loyal bunch, to be fair.

People will take notice if we sustain excellence.

Help Support Us

Become a patron