KC Tourney Food

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Didn't see it elsewhere. Feel like a walking taco might have been better for us, although hard to argue with a pork tenderloin being a good pick.

Have to admit, "wabash cannondog" is a great name.

The Big 12 and Levy Restaurants will be introducing #Big12Eats at T-Mobile Center this year, a foodie-focused menu of items that will satisfy the palate of fans from every team. This menu will feature 10 school-specific food items, including The Baylor Float (Vanilla ice cream and Dr Pepper), Cyclones Tenderloin (Kaiser bun, breaded pork tenderloin, sliced onion, sweet and spicy pickles), Jayhawks Mac & Cheese (pasta and creamy white cheese sauce, topped with house-smoked pulled pork, Levy signature BBQ sauce, and crispy fried onions), K-State’s Wabash Cannondog (Bacon wrapped jumbo hot dog topped with Wildcat Purple relish), Stormin’ from Norman Oklahoma Taco (Frybread topped with ground beef, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, beans, onions, and chili), Pistol Pete’s OSU Fried Corn (Elote-style bacon-fried corn topped with crushed Doritos), TCU Loaded Tots (tater tots, spicy queso sauce, chopped house smoked brisket, pico de gallo, topped with Horned Frog Purple sour cream), Longhorn Quesadilla (Triple cheese quesadilla, steak or chicken, with Burnt Orange salsa rojo sauce), Tech’s Masked Rider Burger (All beef patty, Cheddar, fried onion ring, sweet pickled jalapenos and Red Raiders BBQ sauce), and the West Virginia Mountaineer Roll (Sliced pepperoni and mozzarella cheese in a soft roll).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Damn I'd try any of them. When you think of Iowa as a state Tendeloin comes to mind as our food, walking taco is a sporting event food IMO.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Get to The Peanut and get yourself a triple BLT
I usually get wings and chili cheese fries, but the BLT is damn good too.
This is a place that I love.
Whenever I fly out of KC I always go to the one south of the airport.
Wife and I had tickets to a Royals game years ago and were pregaming at Peanut on Main. They have these big horse trough sized bins for beer on ice behind the bar and it was like a hundred out so we stayed. Don't regret it.

Oh, and their wings are the best.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
This is a place that I love.
Whenever I fly out of KC I always go to the one south of the airport.
Wife and I had tickets to a Royals game years ago and were pregaming at Peanut on Main. They have these big horse trough sized bins for beer on ice behind the bar and it was like a hundred out so we stayed. Don't regret it.

Oh, and their wings are the best.
And with the exception of 2 years, the Royals have been awful.

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
Any other food recommendations for KC? Family and I are going down and open to suggestions. And don't get me started about my wife and girls not liking BBQ.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Hey now. No need for that comment and it was more like three years for the Royals.

• Love
Reactions: cycloneML

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Didn't see it elsewhere. Feel like a walking taco might have been better for us, although hard to argue with a pork tenderloin being a good pick.

Have to admit, "wabash cannondog" is a great name.

The Big 12 and Levy Restaurants will be introducing #Big12Eats at T-Mobile Center this year, a foodie-focused menu of items that will satisfy the palate of fans from every team. This menu will feature 10 school-specific food items, including The Baylor Float (Vanilla ice cream and Dr Pepper), Cyclones Tenderloin (Kaiser bun, breaded pork tenderloin, sliced onion, sweet and spicy pickles), Jayhawks Mac & Cheese (pasta and creamy white cheese sauce, topped with house-smoked pulled pork, Levy signature BBQ sauce, and crispy fried onions), K-State’s Wabash Cannondog (Bacon wrapped jumbo hot dog topped with Wildcat Purple relish), Stormin’ from Norman Oklahoma Taco (Frybread topped with ground beef, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, beans, onions, and chili), Pistol Pete’s OSU Fried Corn (Elote-style bacon-fried corn topped with crushed Doritos), TCU Loaded Tots (tater tots, spicy queso sauce, chopped house smoked brisket, pico de gallo, topped with Horned Frog Purple sour cream), Longhorn Quesadilla (Triple cheese quesadilla, steak or chicken, with Burnt Orange salsa rojo sauce), Tech’s Masked Rider Burger (All beef patty, Cheddar, fried onion ring, sweet pickled jalapenos and Red Raiders BBQ sauce), and the West Virginia Mountaineer Roll (Sliced pepperoni and mozzarella cheese in a soft roll).
Wish they wouldn't have bothered with dishes for OU and UT. Get f*** in the SEC bros.

Reactions: 2020cy

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Big 12 has a twitter thread of all the options. They all look pretty good except for the KState hot dog which looks sad and pathetic.

KSU dog:

ksudog.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2020cy

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I did a eat your way through our football schedule a couple years back for our 2020 season. They should've hired me.

ULL I made Beignets and Red Beans and Rice
oMNysb1.jpg

TCU I made Steak and Eggs
3hbDwrE.jpg

Oklahoma I made an Onion Burger Pizza
BeCgDjP.jpg

Texas Tech I made a smothered barbacoa burrito
LWWUPO1.jpg

Oklahoma State I made some Eskimo Joe's cheese fries and cowboy chili
Pi8bpCk.jpg

Kansas I made Pulled pork, burnt ends, and pork ribs.
b0uAmNP.jpg

Baylor I made pistachio bear claw pastries
LVuayh6.jpg

Kansas State I made whole wheat sour cream and buttermilk pancakes with blackberry syrup.
UQmLPQY.jpg

Texas I made trashy turkey trailer park breakfast tacos
qRPv27o.jpg

WVU I made Pepperoni Rolls.
85Z81PI.jpg

Big 12 Championship I made an Iowa special, Pork Tenderloin Sandwich with an Ear of Corn and a side of onion rings and fries
1789htL.jpg

Oregon I made I made roasted duck carnitas tot-chos with a marionberry and hazelnut mole sauce. Plus Tillamook cheddar cheese, guacamole, and pico de galo.
0i6FV87.jpg

Candide

Jan 4, 2020
Livin the Moon Times
Any other food recommendations for KC? Family and I are going down and open to suggestions. And don't get me started about my wife and girls not liking BBQ.

ParlorKC. It's a hipster two story food court just south of Power and Light. Great beer and cocktails and everyone can get something they like.

Reactions: ccruzen

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

For breakfast hit up one of the Big Biscuits. Also LaMars donuts are really good as well. Non BBQ wise LuLu's Thai Noodle Shop is one of my favorite places in KC.