-keep an Eye on the Sky (6/17)

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Keep an eye on the sky fellow Cyclone Fanatics for an enhanced risk of severe storms today.

There is a moderate risk of severe weather from the Storm Prediction Center later today across Minnesota and Iowa. Watch for storms to begin to fire off by afternoon by the Missouri River and continue to move eastward into the evening.

I'm most concerned with very strong winds, also look for tornadoes... especially in the western parts of the states, and hail.

Also, watch out for Flash Flooding, especially throughout the southern half of Iowa.

Looks to be one of the best threats for severe weather so far this year.

Stay safe Fanatics.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: Keep an Eye on the Sky (6/17)

5:00-5:30 for Omaha area moving east.

2-2.5 inches of rain this weekend.

More flooding. Hope you do not have a river cabin to watch.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

I've got my 10 year supply of baked beans, spam, and distilled water ready in my storm cellar. Anybody else?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines

I've got my 10 year supply of baked beans, spam, and distilled water ready in my storm cellar. Anybody else?
I'll just grab everything out of my fredge and cabnets before i head to the basement.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

I'll just grab everything out of my fredge and cabnets before i head to the basement.

That seems like an awfully shortsighted plan. If the storm hits, I don't think you'll be thinking about grabbing food and water.. just running downstairs. pack a kit.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

That seems like an awfully shortsighted plan. If the storm hits, I don't think you'll be thinking about grabbing food and water.. just running downstairs. pack a kit.
I would hole up in your shelter after three today. You can never be too safe.

Cycloin

Feb 5, 2009
Johnston

We need to schedule a pick-up FB game with Hawkins and CU this evening stat!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Tornado throwing it a 100 yards down the street= not okay, too.:wink:

Most people in the Quad Cities outside of Clinton (Iowa) and Whiteside (Illinois) Counties aren't too worried about tornadoes, as the combination of the bend in the Mississippi River and locations of the Wapsipinicon and Rock Rivers act as a natural deterrent to tornadoes. That being said, if a tornado carries my Altima away, I'm sure it'll be easier claiming insurance $$$ on it compared to hail damage...

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
Today I was riding my bike to school for my summer lifting and conditioning program in Ankeny. I was riding up there and it was really nice out. When it was 7 the clouds rolled in and had to go inside for running. It still wasn't done raining when we finished. So I rode to a tree and finally decided to put my rain poncho on. I still got soaked. When I got home the sun came out. Talk about bad timing. :sad: