kellen winslow

illinoiscyclone

Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
does anyone else think that the teams have too much power over the players? personally, from all that i have heard the browns should be the ones losing money over this, not winslow. he is getting the short end of the stick

what does everyone else think?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think way too much is being made of this. He said something dumb. It sounds like the Browns previously told/asked him not to speak about it. In typical Kellen fashion, he did what he wanted anyway.

A suspension without pay is probably a bit harsh - but it's done.

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
I do think that teams may have too much power over their players, but then again in what other profession will an employee speak out against the company paying its checks. I have to think there was a better way to bring it up to the league office than the way he did. But then again

He don't give a hell. It's about the U, man. He don't give a flyin' you-know-what about a Vol. He don't give a damn! He would do the same thing to him. It's war. They don't give a freakin' you-know-what about me. They will kill you. They're out there to kill you. So I'm 'a kill 'em. You write that in the paper. You write that. You make money off that. No, man, He's pissed. All y'all take this down. He's pissed, man. We(the U) don't care about nobody except this U. We don't. If I didn't hurt him, he'd hurt me. They were gunnin' for his legs. He is a come right back at 'em. He's a ******* soldier!

I edited it a bit to fit the context but you all get the point.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
The NFL has the weakest union in sports and the owners want even more power. It should be a very interesting labor stoppage here coming up...

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
The NFL has the weakest union in sports and the owners want even more power. It should be a very interesting labor stoppage here coming up...

agree.

a strike would really damage the league....just like it did baseball.

(I never went back to MLB following the strike)

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I think even though Kellen Winslow is a Tight End, he acts more like a DB sometimes. "I'm a soldier, man!"

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I'm with Winslow on this, 6 staff infections in three years and they want to sweep it under the rug. There is something wrong in that locker room and his teammates need to know it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm with Winslow on this, 6 staff infections in three years and they want to sweep it under the rug. There is something wrong in that locker room and his teammates need to know it.

exactly. This has been a problem with the Browns and they obviously wanted to keep it hush hush. In my opinion, they did treat him like a piece of meat.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I see both sides of this. Kellen was angry about how the situation was portrayed by the team.

However, he still needs to remember that he's talking about the organization that is signing his paychecks.

I can't go out and publicly badmouth the company I work for and not expect repercussions.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
its their "right" to treat him like a piece of meat due to the fact they pay him so much :wink: Seriously though, if he doenst like the team, he can request a trade just like someone who doesnt like their job can quit. Its not like everyone on the team is getting these staph infections, it must be something wrong with him.