Kelsey Bolte Waived

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Not surprising. All the best to her, she definitely can play overseas.

Ashley Paris was also released on Saturday

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Wait... wasn't Bolte a senior? I'm confused? What's that mean waived? Someone explain the whole situation here to a less knowledgable Clone like myself.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wait... wasn't Bolte a senior? I'm confused? What's that mean waived? Someone explain the whole situation here to a less knowledgable Clone like myself.

She graduated this spring. Drafted by the Atlanta Dream. Did not make the team.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Not surprising. All the best to her, she definitely can play overseas.

Ashley Paris was also released on Saturday

She's got things going on. Kelsey Harris has invited Bolte and Arganbright back to Cali for a spell. Guess she's going to take in some pick-up games and visit Hollywood.

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
I thought she might stand a chance, a tall gaurd who can really shoot. The WNBA is just so small now compared to the NBA like 1/3 of the teams with less players we would have many girls playing in the league making a impact if it were bigger! etc bolte aus ez wieben medders and so on

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
I thought she might stand a chance, a tall gaurd who can really shoot. The WNBA is just so small now compared to the NBA like 1/3 of the teams with less players we would have many girls playing in the league making a impact if it were bigger! etc bolte aus ez wieben medders and so on

Doesn't help matters that the WNBA cut two spots from their rosters in 2009 to save money, so instead of every team having 13 players, they have 11.

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
The number one thing that is wrong with the WNBA is that they sign and play no-name foreign players. If these teams would keep and play US players, they would have a much better following. Think of the ISU players that are being tossed aside by WNBA teams for foreign players...Welle, Gahan, Meadors, etc.

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007
The number one thing that is wrong with the WNBA is that they sign and play no-name foreign players. If these teams would keep and play US players, they would have a much better following. Think of the ISU players that are being tossed aside by WNBA teams for foreign players...Welle, Gahan, Meadors, etc.

Totally agree. My daughter is a big WBB fan and we'd make a family trip up to the Twin Cities to watch Lacey, Bolte or other Cyclones play. Not happening now. I'd guess other marginal WNBA fans are in the same boat.

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
Totally agree. My daughter is a big WBB fan and we'd make a family trip up to the Twin Cities to watch Lacey, Bolte or other Cyclones play. Not happening now. I'd guess other marginal WNBA fans are in the same boat.

is there such a thing as a "non" marginal WNBA fan?