Kelsey Harris - 2010 Signee

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
Thanks for the story on Harris. She sounds great. Appears to be a fine all-around player who does everything but sweep the floors. I especially liked the facts that she hits the trey and plays good D. Can't wait to see her on the floor next year.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
She definitely fits the ISU mold. Wonder how much the ISU run in the tourney last spring played into her decision? Good stage to see how we match her game.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Great find.

I think Harris was under the recruiting radar a little bit, but a great find for ISU. Getting recruits who fit your style of play make them that much better on the court. Sounds like an Ezell type, would like her size to be a bit bigger, but the article says she plays great defense, so that is good to hear.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
These reports are comical; there are two of them, but there are three heights given for Harris: 5'9", 5'10", and 6'. Will the real Kelsey please stand up. On a more serious side, both reports are very positive, with her not being especially quick the only drawback. But both reports say her defensive savvy more than makes up for the lack of great speed. That she stands out in a state of, what?, 23 million people or so makes her even more impressive.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
These reports are comical; there are two of them, but there are three heights given for Harris: 5'9", 5'10", and 6'. Will the real Kelsey please stand up. On a more serious side, both reports are very positive, with her not being especially quick the only drawback. But both reports say her defensive savvy more than makes up for the lack of great speed. That she stands out in a state of, what?, 23 million people or so makes her even more impressive.

ISU's official signing day release says 5-10, and local reports are 5-9 or 5-10. I'm guessing those reports are correct. Not sure where ESPN got 6-0.

I agree she sounds a lot like Ezell. If she's near the player Ezell was, I think we'll all be very happy.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
ISU's official signing day release says 5-10, and local reports are 5-9 or 5-10. I'm guessing those reports are correct. Not sure where ESPN got 6-0.

I agree she sounds a lot like Ezell. If she's near the player Ezell was, I think we'll all be very happy.

Yep, agree, another Heather E would be just fine (even if she changes size on us!)

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

We were always told Prins was 6-6, because that's what all the local reports said. She gets on campus and measures at 6-7. I sometimes think, especially for girls, but not exclusively, they take their height as freshmen in high school and forget that they could grow during their high school years.

Harrison Barnes was listed at 6-6 when he first came on the scene as a freshman/sophomore and his height never changed until just before his senior year, when you saw some listing him as 6-8. He skipped right over 6-7 to 6-8. But his most commonly reported height is still 6-6.

This girl has started since she was a freshman in high school. I would not doubt it at all if that was the height she was listed at then and it has just stuck with her throughout her career, even though it's not accurate anymore.

Help Support Us

Become a patron