Kevin Ollie vs Fred Hoiberg

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Two pretty good friends. I believe they played together on the Bulls at one point. Anyway, AAC was not on tv as much as the Big East, so I know very little about them. Typical UConn team that has length in the paint, pg (Shabazz is a good player) & some shotmakers?

I like the fact that Hoiberg now has several days to prepare. Should be a barnburner.

Griff

Jan 7, 2014
Always liked Boatright, he is speedy PG. Naz should get him when Naz is in.

Napier is there stud, he is their Ejim. He's been there forever and keeps improving. Nice, nice player, Monte should get him and if necessary Kane can help and take him in spurts. Napier is strangely their leading rebounder too, so its key for Monte to be aware of him crashing glass too.

DeAndre Daniels is a long athletic player that could present some issues, I think Hogue gets him.

Lasan Kromah is a wing for them, this is likely Kane's match-up, it allows him to help off some on defense and hopefully keeps him out of foul trouble.

Niels Giffey is other starter, he is a shooter. Ejim guards him and will need to stick to him, this worries me some cause it takes Melvin out of rebounding position.

Amida Brimah is key too, he is shot-blocker off bench. when he's in Ejim gets him unless Edozie is too. He worries me some cause he gets 2.5 blocks a game in 16 mins.

All the starters shoot the 3 very well. Key will be limiting Napier while staying out on shooters.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Pretty sure both Napier & Boatright were on the team when we played them two years ago. Napier was good then, he's better now. Boatright as I recall was less heralded. I watched their game against Nova...I think we have a pretty good shot against them if we can contain Napier. I'm just glad CFH has more planning time to re-work the line-up & go-to plays this time around!

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
It sounds like UCONN has some good and speedy ball handlers, this worries me. It seems that we've had issues with ultra-quick players that can penetrate. Kabongo from Texas and Staten from West Virginia come to mind.

We've got to disrupt them defensively, run sets that scramble their brains and get out on transition.

This is going to be a really fun match up.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
It sounds like UCONN has some good and speedy ball handlers, this worries me. It seems that we've had issues with ultra-quick players that can penetrate. Kabongo from Texas and Staten from West Virginia come to mind.

We've got to disrupt them defensively, run sets that scramble their brains and get out on transition.

This is going to be a really fun match up.

I will take a guard oriented lineup over a lengthy/tall lineup any day. Our team is built to handle guards.