Kickin' It

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I've always liked Jeff on podcasts. He talks a lot, but it's usually worth listening to. And Mahoney is really funny at times. Very quick sense of humor on that guy.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've always liked Jeff on podcasts. He talks a lot, but it's usually worth listening to. And Mahoney is really funny at times. Very quick sense of humor on that guy.
You're right. They do a great job! What are their (Mahoney and Woody) call signs on CF so we can give them some kudos?

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Woody does run on just a bit. Would be better sometimes if he'd let the guests get in a word edgewise.

Yeah he's just not for me, podcast-wise. Just runs metaphors into the ground and beyond for minutes at a time. It was kinda cute for a little while on FART, but I feel like it doesn't work anymore. He seems to do better when they have a guest, though.

I'd like if Grant had his own podcast separate from Woody.

Reactions: crawfy54

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
If you're a Cyclone fan from the 2010 (ish) Paul Rhoads era (or before) and NOT listening to this podcast you're really missing out. It's great, keep up the good work Jeff & Grant!

CysLoveChild

Dec 8, 2011
Ames, IA
I've never been one to really listen to podcasts, and at first I wasn't feeling the awkward vibe Mahoney gives off.....but now I get that he's not trying to do a shtick, that's his legit personality and it's full of dry, semi-cocky humor, and it's enjoyable. I've listened to the past few, and was disappointed yesterday thinking they put out their podcast on Mondays. But was happy today at work when I remembered this week's podcast should be posted.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The interview today with AJ Klein was really interesting!
AJ's a smart dude. Hope they can get him on during the season if he retires and get some Xs and Os talk post-Saturdays.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I think you guys should try to link up with Chris Babb for a kickin it! Not only was he an amazing Cyclone, but this past year he started his season in Israel and had to evacuate. I think it would be super interesting to see what it was like trying to go through that situation.

Reactions: Aclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron