Kim Mulkey

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This thread is going spelunking.

Probably a good time to note that there is already a Cave thread on Mulkey so let's keep this a little more inbounds than that one. If you go political with this here it will be deleted and you'll probably earn a couple of days off.

Also moving this to General Sports. It's not an ISU WBB item and we have one thread for general on-Cyclone WBB talk that we don't want getting totally derailed.

Last edited:

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
I'm shocked to hear that anyone has had negative experiences with her. Floored.

/sarcasm

She actually had me (wrt sleazy media) until she went on her lawsuit tirade. Then her narcissism took over.

Nothing says "the story is legit" like threatening the journalist before it even gets published.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Last edited:

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Just going to have to wait to see the quality of the Washington Post article and its reporting.

It's not like we haven't seen bad sports reporting closer to home based on anonymous sources...

https://www.amestrib.com/story/sports/college/2015/09/30/men-s-basketball-inside-at/27321493007/

Even "almost double-digit sources" as the meme on here goes.
Man, I forgot about that fine piece of journalism. Honestly surprised it didn’t get nominated for awards.

The fact that “almost double digit sources” made it through the editing process is incredible.

Reactions: aauummm

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
can't wait for that article...

Same, and she has drawn a lot more attention to it then if she had not made that statement.

I also saw that she was complaining because they had apparently tried to talk to her for two years, she had ignored them, and now they gave her a deadline. Kim, you can’t complain about a deadline when you have been ignoring them for two years.

Edit: here is the longer version that includes that

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
She is trying to play the victim. She's had 2 years to agree to an interview and now she is going on the attack to make it sound like she was not given an opportunity to tell her side of the story. Well he's given her two years to do that... good luck with a lawsuit too Kim, if he has names of the sources to go with the stories he's protected by the constitution with freedom of press just like she has the right of free speech. The only way she'd have any legal action is if he publishes something that is not based on fact and truth and my guess is after 2 years of interviews he's found some skeletons in her closet.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Use journalists to attack journalists. Good strategy

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Hinton, IA
Probably a good time to note that there is already a Cave thread on Mulkey so let's keep this a little more inbounds than that one. If you go political with this here it will be deleted and you'll probably earn a couple of days off.

Also moving this to General Sports. It's not an ISU WBB item and we have one thread for general on-Cyclone WBB talk that we don't want getting totally derailed.
okay, we should sweep this under the rug....noted...

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Somewhat smart depending on the topic and severity of allegations. Trying to build her core support circle as a victim of a hit piece. However, the author has multiple Pulitzers and is incredibly well respected so that only goes so far. Not to mention, she’s now put a spotlight on the pending story.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I don't love her, but a lot of her players clearly love her. You could dig up 10 people for anyone that coached d1 that hated them. Part of doing business at that level.

See what the article says.

Reactions: NWICY and Drew0311